Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
The association between use of snus and quit rates for smoking: results from seven Norwegian cross-sectional studies
Article first published online: 30 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Authors, Addiction © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 106, Issue 1, pages 162–167, January 2011
How to Cite
Lund, K. E., Scheffels, J. and McNeill, A. (2011), The association between use of snus and quit rates for smoking: results from seven Norwegian cross-sectional studies. Addiction, 106: 162–167. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03122.x
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 30 SEP 2010
- Submitted 15 April 2010; initial review completed 27 May 2010; final version accepted 25 June 2010
- 1Royal College of Physicians. Harm Reduction in Nicotine Addiction. Helping People Who Can't Quit. A report by the Tobacco Advisory Group of the Royal College of Physicians, October 2007. London: RCP.
- 2Harm reduction strategies for tobacco smoking: report from an ERS Research Seminar. Sleep Breath 2006; 2: 302–3., , ,
- 3American Association of Public Health Physicians. The Case for Harm Reduction for Control of Tobacco-Related Illness and Death. 26 October 2008. Green Cove Springs, FL: AAPHP.
- 4Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks (SCENIHR). Health Effects of Smokeless Tobacco Products. European Commission, February 2008. Brussels: European Commission; 2008.
- 5Physicians for a Smoke-free Canada. The Snus Experience. Report. October 2007. Ottawa, Ontario: Physicians for a Smoke-free Canada; 2007.
- 6International Agency for Research on Cancer/World Health Organization (IARC/WHO). Methods for Evaluating Tobacco Control Policies. 12. Lyon: IARC/WHO; 2008.
- 9Reise- Og Ferieundersøkelsen 2006 [Travel- and holiday survey 2006]; Dokumentasjonsrapport 2007/42. Oslo: Statistisk sentralbyrå; 2007.
- 11Røyking, Bruk Av Snus Og Annen Risikoatferd Blant Studenter [Smoking, use of snus and other risk behaviour among university students]. Tidskr nor legeforen 2008; 128: 1808–11., , ,
- 12Jakten på den norske lykken [On the lookout for the Norwegian happiness]. Norsk monitor 1985–2007. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget; 2008.
- 13Rusmiddelbruk blant unge voksne, 21–30 år Resultater fra spørreskjemaundersøkelser 1998, 2002 og 2006 [Use of drugs among young adults aged 21–30 years. Results from the surveys 1998, 2002 and 2006]. SIRUS rapport 8/2007. Oslo: Statens institutt for rusmiddelforskning; 2007., ,
- 14The use of snus for quitting smoking compared with medicinal products. Nicotine Tob Res 2010; 12: 817–22., ,
- 15Norwegian Tobacco Statistics 1973–2006. Sirus skrifter no. 3/2007. Oslo: Norwegian Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research; 2007.,