Are age of smoking initiation and purchasing patterns associated with menthol smoking?
Article first published online: 8 NOV 2010
Addiction © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction, No claim to original US government works
Special Issue: The Role of Mentholated Cigarettes in Smoking Behaviors in United States Populations
Volume 105, Issue Supplement s1, pages 39–45, December 2010
How to Cite
Fernander, A., Rayens, M. K., Zhang, M. and Adkins, S. (2010), Are age of smoking initiation and purchasing patterns associated with menthol smoking?. Addiction, 105: 39–45. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03188.x
- Issue published online: 8 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 8 NOV 2010
- Submitted 4 March 2010; initial review completed 30 July 2010; final version accepted 12 August 2010
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Annual smoking-attributable mortality, years of potential life lost, and productivity losses—United States, 2000–2004. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2008; 57: 1226–8.
- 4United States Department of Health and Human Services. Tobacco Use Among U.S. Racial/Ethnic Minority Groups. A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health; 1998.
- 6Federal Trade Commission. Federal Trade Commission Cigarette Report for 2006. Washington, DC: Federal Trade Commission; 2009.
- 7Tobacco Use in America: Findings from the 1999 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse. Analytic Series: A-15, DHHS Publication no. SMA 02-3622. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies; 2001.
- 21Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. State cigarette minimum price laws—United States, 2009. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 59: 389–92.
- 24State tobacco excise taxes and adolescent smoking behaviors in the United States. J Public Health Manag Pract 2004; 10: 490–6., , , , , et al.
- 28Impact of home smoking rules on smoking patterns among adolescents and young adults. Prev Chronic Dis 2006; 3: 1–13., , , , ,