Prohibiting menthol in tobacco products: a policy whose time has come
Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2010
© 2010 The Authors, Addiction © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction
Special Issue: The Role of Mentholated Cigarettes in Smoking Behaviors in United States Populations
Volume 105, Issue Supplement s1, pages 5–7, December 2010
How to Cite
HEALTON, C. G., BECK, S. E., CARTWRIGHT, J. and VALLONE, D. M. (2010), Prohibiting menthol in tobacco products: a policy whose time has come. Addiction, 105: 5–7. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03205.x
- Issue online: 8 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2010
- 5United States v. Philip Morris, 449 F. Supp. 2d 1 (D.D.C. 2006), aff'd, 566 F.3d 1095 (D.C.Cir. 2009), cert. denied, 130 S.Ct. 3501 (2010).
- 7U.S. House of Representatives Report 111–58, 26 March 2009 at 37.
- 8Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies. The NSDUH Report: Use of Menthol Cigarettes. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; 19 November2009.
- 13Cigarette advertising in Black, Latino and White magazines, 1998–2002: an exploratory investigation. Ethnic Disparities 2005; 15: 63–7., , , , , et al.
- 16American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2009. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2009.
- 17CDC. Cigarette smoking among adults and trends in smoking cessation. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep2009; 58: 1227–3.
- 18The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Public Law no: 111–148, Sec. 4107.
- 19Saving Lives, Saving Money II: Tobacco-Free States Spend Less on Medicaid. American Legacy Foundation Policy Report. Washington, DC: American Legacy Foundation; 2007.,
- 20Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies. Medicaid—A Program with Special Significance for African Americans, January 2006. Available at: http://www.jointcenter.org/hpi/sites/all/files/Medicaid_0.ppt Accessed 21 October 2010. URL: http://www.jointcenter.org/hpi/sites/all/files/Medicaid_0.ppt#256,1,Medicaid– A Program with Special Significance for African Americans. Accessed: 21 October 2010. (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5teHXrrXE)