Menthol and non-menthol smoking: the impact of prices and smoke-free air laws
Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2010
© 2010 The Authors, Addiction © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction
Special Issue: The Role of Mentholated Cigarettes in Smoking Behaviors in United States Populations
Volume 105, Issue Supplement s1, pages 115–123, December 2010
How to Cite
Tauras, J. A., Levy, D., Chaloupka, F. J., Villanti, A., Niaura, R. S., Vallone, D. and Abrams, D. B. (2010), Menthol and non-menthol smoking: the impact of prices and smoke-free air laws. Addiction, 105: 115–123. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03206.x
- Issue online: 8 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 8 NOV 2010
- Submitted 14 August 2010; initial review completed 23 August 2010; final version accepted 7 September 2010
- 1Federal Trade Commission. Cigarette Report for 2006. Washington, DC: Federal Trade Commission; 2009.
- 2National Cancer Institute. Research Topics: Menthol and Tobacco. 2009. Available at: http://dccps.nci.nih.gov/tcrb/research_topic-menthol.html (accessed 26 July 2010).
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Lung Cancer Rates by Race and Ethnicity. 2010. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/lung/statistics/race.htm (accessed 26 July 2010).
- 4US Department of Health and Human Services. Tobacco Use Among U.S. Racial/Ethnic Minority Groups—African Americans, American Indians and Alaska Natives, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and Hispanics: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health; 1998.
- 5Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies. The NSDUH Report: Use of Menthol Cigarettes. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; 2009.
- 7The behavior of maximum likelihood estimates under nonstandard conditions. In Proceedings of the Fifth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability 1967; Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, Vol. 1, 221–33.
- 16A Comparison of Alternative Methods for Measuring Cigarette Prices. Final Report. Bethesda MD: National Cancer Institute; 2009., , , , ,
- 20African American teen cigarette smoking: a review. In: BurnsM., senior scientific editor, Amacher R. H., managing editor. Changing Adolescent Smoking Prevalence: Where It Is and Why. Smoking and Tobacco Control Monograph No 14. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute; 2001.
- 21Cigarette Brand Preferences Among Adolescents, Monitoring the Future Occasional Paper 45: Institute for Social Research. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan; 1999., , ,