REGULATING HARM – GAMBLING TECHNOLOGY AND THE CHALLENGES FOR GREAT BRITAIN
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Authors, Addiction © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 106, Issue 1, pages 9–10, January 2011
How to Cite
REITH, G. (2011), REGULATING HARM – GAMBLING TECHNOLOGY AND THE CHALLENGES FOR GREAT BRITAIN. Addiction, 106: 9–10. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03220.x
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2010
- 2Gambling Commission. Industry Statistics 2008/09. Available at: http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/pdf/Gambling%20Industry%20Statistics%202008%202009%20-%20update%20-%20October%202009.pdf (accessed 1 September 2010; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/5tiWoM0D9).
- 3The psychology of the fruit machine: the role of structural characteristics (revisited). Int J Ment Health Addict 2006; 4: 151–79.,
- 5A Review of Research on Aspects of Problem Gambling. London: Responsibility in Gambling Trust; 2004., , ,
- 6Rapid onset of pathological gambling in machine gamblers: a replication. Int J Ment Health Addict 2004; 2: 44–9.
- 7The culture of gambling in the United Kingdom: legislative and social change. In: FijnautC., LittlerA., SpapensT., editors. Crime, Addiction and the Regulation of Gambling. Leiden/Boston: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers; 2009. p. 121–47.
- 8Regulating Commercial Gambling: Past, Present and Future. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2004.
- 9Draft Gambling Bill: Government Response to the First Report of the joint committee on the Draft Gambling Bill; Session 2003–2004. 2004. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.culture.gov.uk/nr/rdonlyres/957e8b13-305e-4b79-b6e9-f798db47d57f/0/grjointcommitteedgambillcm6253.pdf (accessed 17 November 2010; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/5uJFMGlSi).
- 10British Gambling Prevalence Survey. London: National Centre for Social Research; 2007., , , , , et al.
- 12Gamcare. Gamcare Annual Review. London: Gamcare; 2010. Summary available at: http://www.gamcare.org.uk/data/files/Gamcare_Annual_Review_2010.pdf (accessed 1 September 2010; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/5tixItF3p).
- 132010. Letter to Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport. 27 May 2010.
- 14The Social Impacts of Gambling. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive; 2006.
- 15Gambling Commission. 2009. Gaming machines research programme. Available at: http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/pdf/A%20medium%20to%20long%20term%20programme%20of%20research%20for%20investigating%20gaming%20machines%20in%20Great%20Britain%20-%20November%202009.pdf (accessed 1 September 2010; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/5tiWXTfW1J).