Formerly of Royal Edinburgh Hospital.
The price of a drink: levels of consumption and price paid per unit of alcohol by Edinburgh's ill drinkers with a comparison to wider alcohol sales in Scotland
Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Authors, Addiction © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 106, Issue 4, pages 729–736, April 2011
How to Cite
Black, H., Gill, J. and Chick, J. (2011), The price of a drink: levels of consumption and price paid per unit of alcohol by Edinburgh's ill drinkers with a comparison to wider alcohol sales in Scotland. Addiction, 106: 729–736. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03225.x
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 OCT 2010 11:19AM EST
- Submitted 23 February 2010; initial review completed 7 April 2010; final version accepted 20 Septermber 2010
- 1Department of Health. 150 Years of the Annual Report of the Chief Medical Officer: On the State of Public Health 2008. London: HMSO; 2009. Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/AnnualReports/DH_096206 (accessed 23 February 2010; archived by Webcite© at http://www.webcitation.org/5tzVv0DiJ).
- 7House of Commons Health Committee. Alcohol. First Report of Session 2009–10. Vol. I. 2010. House of Commons London, The Stationary Office Ltd. Available at: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200910/cmselect/cmhealth/151/151i.pdf (accessed 20 May 2010) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5rUGdq5ez).
- 11Scottish Alcohol Needs Assessment. London, UK: Institute of Psychiatry, King's College; 2009. Available at: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/SANA%20report%206-8-09%20(2).pdf (accessed 25 May 2010) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5rUH05STw)., , , , ,
- 12Scottish Government. SIMD Background Data—Part 2 SIMD. 2006. Available at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/SIMD/simdbackgrounddata2simd06 (accessed 23 February 2010) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5rUHeo7qz).
- 14Purchasing Patterns for Low Price Off Sales Alcohol: Evidence from the Expenditure and Food Survey. Scottish Health Action on Alcohol Problems (SHAAP). 2010. Available at: http://www.shaap.org.uk/UserFiles/File/Purchase_of_low_price_alcohol_analysis.pdf (accessed 20 May 2010) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5rUHlfKvn).
- 15Centre for Economic and Business Research. Minimum Alcohol Pricing: A Targeted Measure? 2009. London, UK. Available at: http://www.cebr.com/Newsroom/Minimum_pricing_of_alcohol (accessed 24 May 2010) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5rUHs1RwG).
- 16Available at: http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk (accessed 16 March 2010).
- 18Morning Advertiser. Magners Absorbs Cider Duty Hike. 26 March 2010. Available at: http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/news.ma/article/86480?N=598325&PagingData=Po_0~Ps_10~Psd_Asc (accessed 16 March 2010) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/5rUHy36yv).