APPLYING AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH PERSPECTIVE TO PROPOSED CHANGES FOR DSM-V
Article first published online: 8 APR 2011
© 2011 The Authors, Addiction © 2011 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 106, Issue 5, pages 868–870, May 2011
How to Cite
POZNYAK, V., REED, G. M. and CLARK, N. (2011), APPLYING AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH PERSPECTIVE TO PROPOSED CHANGES FOR DSM-V. Addiction, 106: 868–870. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2011.03381.x
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2011
- 1Addiction and dependence in DSM-V. Addiction 2011; 106: 866–7.
- 2World Health Organization. International classification of diseases and related health problems, 10th revision. Geneva, 1992.
- 3World Health Organization. The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioural disorders: clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1992.
- 4World Health Organization. Diagnostic and management guidelines for mental disorders in primary care: ICD-10 Chapter V Primary Care Version. Göttingen, Germany: Holgrefe, 1996.
- 5Revision of the classification of mental disorders in ICD-11 and DSM-V: work in progress. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment 2010; 16: 2–9.
- 7World Health Risks 2009: mortality and burden of disease attributable to selected major risks. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2009.
- 8WHO Model List of Essential Medicines. Sixteenth List, updated. Geneva, 2010. Available at: http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/updated_sixteenth_adult_list_en.pdf (accessed 20 February 2011; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/5xCVTDygm)
- 9World Health Organization. Expert Committee on Addiction-Producing Drugs. Thirteenth Report. Geneva, 1964.
- 10World Health Organization. Expert Committee on Drug Dependence. Sixteenth Report. Geneva, 1969.