Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of human immunodeficiency virus among pregnant women using injecting drugs in Ukraine, 2000–10
Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Authors, Addiction © 2011 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 1, pages 118–128, January 2012
How to Cite
Thorne, C., Semenenko, I., Malyuta, R. and Ukraine European Collaborative Study Group in EuroCoord (2012), Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of human immunodeficiency virus among pregnant women using injecting drugs in Ukraine, 2000–10. Addiction, 107: 118–128. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2011.03609.x
- Issue online: 12 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 AUG 2011 07:24AM EST
- Submitted 22 February 2011; initial review completed 20 April 2011; final version accepted 2 August 2011
- 3European Monitoring Centre on Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA). EMCDDA Annual Report 2010: the State of the Drugs Problem in Europe. Luxembourg: EMCDDA; 2010.
- 9Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). AIDS Epidemic Update 2009. Geneva: UNAIDS; 2009.
- 10Ukraine Ministry of Health. Ukraine: national report on monitoring progress towards the UNGASS Declaration of Commitment, 2008–2009. 2010.
- 11Bio-behavioural HIV surveillance among IDU and their sexual partners in Ukraine in 2009. Ukraine National AIDS Conference, 17–18 November 2010., ,
- 23United Nations Interagency Group for Child Mortality Estimations. Levels and trends in child mortality. Geneva; UNICEF. 2010.
- 31Substance abuse in pregnancy. Curr Obstet Gynaecol 2004; 14: 419–25.
- 36US Public Health Service Task Force. Recommendations for use of antiretroviral drugs in pregnant HIV-infected women for maternal health and interventions to reduce perinatal HIV transmission in the United States. Rockville, MD: United State Department of Health and Human Services. 2008.
- 37World Health Organization (WHO), Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Towards Universal Access. Progress Report 2009. Geneva: WHO; 2009.
- 42Uptake of and virological response to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected former and current injecting drug users and persons in an opiate substitution treatment programme: the Swiss HIV Cohort Study. HIV Med 2009; 10: 407–16., , , , , et al.
- 44World Health Organization (WHO). Strategic Framework for the Prevention of HIV Infection in Infants in Europe. Copenhagen: WHO Regional Office For Europe; 2004.
- 46Treating pregnant women dependent on opioids is not the same as treating pregnancy and opioid dependence: a knowledge synthesis for better treatment for women and neonates. Addiction 2008; 103: 1429–40., , , , ,
- 56World Health Organization (WHO) Europe. Risk Factors Impacting on the Spread of HIV among Pregnant Women in the Russian Federation. Copenhagen: WHO Europe; 2007.
- 58World Health Organization (WHO). World Health Organization Guidelines for the Psychosocially Assisted Pharmacological Treatment of Opioid Dependence. Geneva: WHO; 2009.