Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
The impact of small changes in bar closing hours on violence. The Norwegian experience from 18 cities
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Authors, Addiction © 2011 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 3, pages 530–537, March 2012
How to Cite
Rossow, I. and Norström, T. (2012), The impact of small changes in bar closing hours on violence. The Norwegian experience from 18 cities. Addiction, 107: 530–537. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2011.03643.x
- Issue published online: 8 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 SEP 2011 06:03AM EST
- Submitted 15 June 2011; initial review completed 16 August 2011; final version accepted 6 September 2011
- 1Share of violence attributable to drinking. J Subst Use 2001; 6: 218–28.,
- 6Raising the Bar. Preventing Aggression in and around Bars, Pubs and Clubs. Portland, OR: Willan Publishing; 2008.,
- 7Circumstances when drinking leads to aggression: an overview of research findings. Contemp Drug Probl 1996; 23: 493–557., ,
- 9Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity. Research and Public Policy, 2nd edn. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2010., , , , , et al.
- 10Alcohol in Europe. London: Institute of Alcohol Studies. 2006.,
- 12Do relaxed trading hours for bars and clubs mean more relaxed drinking? A review of international research on the impacts of changes to permitted hours of drinking. Crime Prev Community Saf 2009; 11: 153–70.,
- 13Alcohol regulation and crime. In: Cook P., Ludwig J., McCrary J., editors. Controlling Crime: Strategies and Tradeoffs. Chicago: University of Chicago Press; 2011, p. 291–329.,
- 15Effects of extended alcohol serving-hours in Reykjavik. In: Room R., editor. The Effects of Nordic Alcohol Policies: What Happens to Drinking and Harm When Alcohol Controls Change? Helsinki: Nordic Council for Alcohol and Drug Research; 2002, p. 145–54., ,
- 17Violent Crime, Disorder and Criminal Damage Since the Introduction of the Licensing Act 2003. London: Home Office; 2007.
- 18The Impact of the Licensing Act 2003 on Levels of Crime and Disorder: An Evaluation. London: Home Office; 2008., , ,
- 24Skal det være noe mer før vi stenger? Evaluering av Ansvarlig Vertskap i Trondheim [Anything more before we close? Evaluation of Responsible Beverage Service programme in Trondheim]. Oslo: Statens institutt for rusmiddelforskning; 2006.,
- 25Overskjenking i Bergen. En oppfølgingsevaluering av Ansvarlig vertskap [Alcohol sales to intoxicated patrons in Bergen. A follow-up evaluation of Responsible Beverage Service programme]. Oslo: Statens institutt for rusmiddelforskning; 2007.,
- 28Preventing alcohol problems: popular approaches are ineffective, effective approaches are politically impossible. 13th Alcohol Policy Conference, 13–16 March, Boston, Massachusetts. 2003.
- 30Vold 1994—Oslo Legevakt [Violence in an emergency room in Oslo, 1994]. Tidsskrift for den Norske Legeforening 1997; 117: 230–3.,
- 31Vold i Oslo 2006—en analyse av voldsanmeldelser 2. halvår 2006 [Violence in Oslo 2006—an analysis of violent crimes reported to the police during second half of 2006]. Oslo: Oslo politidistrikt. 2007.,
- 34Time–Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control. London: Holdens Day, Inc; 1976.,
- 35Econometric Analysis, 5th edn. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall; 2002, p. 84–5.