Open wide! Dental settings are an untapped resource for substance misuse screening and brief intervention
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 7, pages 1197–1198, July 2012
How to Cite
MCREE, B. (2012), Open wide! Dental settings are an untapped resource for substance misuse screening and brief intervention. Addiction, 107: 1197–1198. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.03777.x
- Issue published online: 6 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2012
- 4Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence 2008 Update: Clinical Practice Guideline. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service; 2008., , , , , et al.
- 6National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2010: With Special Feature on Death and Dying. Hyattsville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2011. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus10.pdf (accessed 18 October 2011) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/62X4AR6VG).
- 13Alcohol advice in primary dental care. J Dent Res 2009; 87 (Spec Iss B): Abstract 0186. Available at: http://iadr.confex.com/iadr/bsdr09/webprogram/Paper123952.html (accessed 17 February 2012) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/65WUz8TxX)., , , ,
- 15Interventions for tobacco cessation in the dental setting. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD005084. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD005084.pub2. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD005084.pub2/abstract;jsessionid=C5DB23EA9300B1412A13C0BD78ECB3B1.d01t02 (accessed 18 October 2011) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/62XEJ4Nm1).,
- 16Effectiveness of brief alcohol interventions in primary care populations. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007; (2): CD004148. DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD004148.pub3. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004148.pub3/full (accessed 19 October 2011) (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/63oBGbleA)., , , , , et al.
- 17Delivering alcohol screening and alcohol brief interventions within general dental practice: rationale and overview of the evidence. Br Dent J 2010; 210: 1–4., , , ,