MINIMUM UNIT PRICE COMES OF AGE
Version of Record online: 4 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 5, pages 922–924, May 2012
How to Cite
COLTART, C. E. M. and GILMORE, I. T. (2012), MINIMUM UNIT PRICE COMES OF AGE. Addiction, 107: 922–924. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.03869.x
- Issue online: 4 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 APR 2012
- 1World Health Organization. Global status report on alcohol and health. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2011. Available at: http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/publications/global_alcohol_report/en (accessed 17 August 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BDMSXMU)
- 5Alcohol in Europe. London: Institute of Alcohol Studies; 2006. Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/health-eu/news_alcoholineurope_en.htm (accessed 3 September 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BEm95R7),
- 7Independent review of the effects of alcohol pricing and promotion. 2008. http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publichealth/Healthimprovement/Alcoholmisuse/DH_4001740 (accessed 3 February 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BFl4oAy), ,
- 8Gordon Brown rejects call to set minimum prices for alcohol; 16 March 2009. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/mar/16/gordon-brown-alcohol-pricing (accessed 26 January 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BFr1mW9),
- 9Letter to the Editor: Cost of cheap alcohol; 13 December 2011. Available at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters/8954825/Cost-of-cheap-alcohol.html (accessed 13 February 2012; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BGACqSr), , , , , et al.
- 10House of Parliament Library. A minimum price for alcohol? 28 January 2011. http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN05021.pdf (accessed 7 August 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BGKrGTd)
- 11Royal College of Physicians. Government minimum alcohol pricing ‘will have negligible impact’; 18 January 2011. Available at: http://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/press-releases/government-minimum-alcohol-pricing-will-have-negligible-impact (accessed 9 February 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BGbbqTQ).
- 12150 years of the annual report of the Chief Medical Officer on the state of public health 2008. London: Department of Health; 2009. Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/AnnualReports/DH_096206 (accessed 23 December 2010; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BGwv380)
- 13House of Commons Health Committee. Alcohol: First Report of Session 2009–10. http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200910/cmselect/cmhealth/151/15102.htm (accessed 26 January 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BH11QWV).
- 14NICE. Alcohol-use disorders: preventing the development of hazardous and harmful drinking. London: NICE; 2010. http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/13001/48984/48984.pdf (accessed 10 November 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BHBWmy1)
- 16Royal College of Physicians. RCP welcomes the Chief Medical Officer's stance on a minimum unit price for alcohol. Available at: http://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news-media/press-releases/rcp-welcomes-chief-medical-officers-stance-minimum-unit-price-alcohol (accessed 9 February 2011; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/66BHh482Q)