The UK Responsibility Deal and its implications for effective alcohol policy in the UK and internationally
Article first published online: 15 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Authors, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 12, pages 2063–2065, December 2012
How to Cite
Bonner, A. and Gilmore, I. (2012), The UK Responsibility Deal and its implications for effective alcohol policy in the UK and internationally. Addiction, 107: 2063–2065. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.03902.x
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 15 MAY 2012
- 12010). Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity—Research and Public Policy. Oxford and London: Oxford University Press; 2010., , , , , et al. (
- 4The European Social Charter. The Social Charter at a Glance. Council of Europe; 1996. Available at: http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/monitoring/socialcharter/Presentation/CharterGlance/English.pdf (accessed 3 February 2012; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/66Ik0dbI5).
- 5Department of Health. The Public Health Responsibility Deal. London: Department of Health; 2011. Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_125237.pdf (accessed 3 February 2012; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/66IjruBTJ).
- 6Home Office. Rebalancing the Licensing Act—a consultation on empowering individuals, families and local communities to shape and determine local licensing. London: Alcohol Strategy Unit, Home Office; 2010. Available at: http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/consultations/cons-2010-licensing-act (accessed 3 February 2012; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/66IkPSmMJ).
- 7Polarised drinking patterns and alcohol deregulation. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs 2010; 27: 383–408.
- 8Social Exclusion and the Way Out: An individual and community response to human social dysfunction. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd; 2006.
- 9Health Select Committee. Twelfth Report. London: Health Committee; 2011. Available at: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmhealth/1048/104802.htm (accessed 3 February 2012; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/66IkkbFhs).
- 11The Burden of Alcohol in London. London Health Improvement Board. 2011. Available at: http://www.lhib.org.uk/attachments/article/96/Alcohol%20Case%20for%20Action_LHIB_24%20Oct%202011.pdf (accessed 11 May 2012; archived by Webcite at http://www.webcitation.org/67aFR7QB0).
- 12Healthy Nudges—When the Public Wants Change and Politicians Don't Know It. London: Faculty of Public Health; 2010.,
- 13Apps and social media strategies in healthy food and beverages. London: New Nutrition Business; 2011. Available at: http://www.new-nutrition.com/report/showReport/170 (accessed 20 March 2012).