Commentaries on Wagener et al. (2012):
Commentary on Wagener et al. (2012): Laissez-faire regulation: turning back the clock on the Food and Drug Administration and public health
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Authors, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 9, pages 1552–1554, September 2012
How to Cite
Cobb, N. K. and Abrams, D. B. (2012), Commentary on Wagener et al. (2012): Laissez-faire regulation: turning back the clock on the Food and Drug Administration and public health. Addiction, 107: 1552–1554. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.03927.x
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2012
- 4Regulation of e-cigarettes and other tobacco products. 25 April 2011: Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm252360.htm (accessed 19 May 2011) (Archived at: http://www.webcitation.org/6696jIMuz).,
- 6World Health Organization (WHO). TobReg scientific recommendation: devices designed for the purpose of nicotine delivery to the respiratory system in which tobacco is not necessary for their operation. In: Report on the Scientific Basis of Tobacco Product Regulation: Third Report of a WHO Study Group. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2009.
- 8NJoy. 9 April 2012. NJOY electronic cigarettes receives $20 million investment from leading consumer-focused private equity firm Catterton Partners. Available at: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/njoy-electronic-cigarettes-receives-20-million-investment-from-leading-consumer-focused-private-equity-firm-catterton-partners-2012-04-09 (accessed 17 April 2012) (Archived at: http://www.webcitation.org/671GvJcPR).
- 9blu Cigs. 1 August 2011. University health expert & blu Cigs team up. Available at: http://wiki.blucigs.com/385/blu-cigs-news/blu-cigs-qa-with-dr-siegel/ (accessed 17 April 2012) (Archived at: http://www.webcitation.org/66zjq8eR5).
- 102009. Effectiveness of nicotine replacement therapy needs to be re-examined. Available at: http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/07/in-my-view-effectiveness-of-nicotine.html (accessed 18 April 2012) (Archived at: http://www.webcitation.org/671Hqk8eD).17 July
- 12Philip Morris International. 6 May 2011. Philip Morris International (PMI) enters into a patent purchase agreement of new technology with the potential to reduce the harm of smoking. Available at: http://www.pmi.com/eng/media_center/press_releases/Pages/201105261249.aspx (accessed 15 April 2012) (Archived at: http://www.webcitation.org/66zjvpBbu).
- 13US Food and Drug Administration. Prescription acetaminophen products to be limited to 325 mg per dosage unit; boxed warning will highlight potential for severe liver failure. FDA drug safety communication, 13 January 2011: Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm239821.htm (accessed 13 March 2012) (Archived at: http://www.webcitation.org/66A2cIavD).
- 15Are smokeless cigarettes safer? E-cig explodes in smoker's mouth. Los Angeles Times 16 February 2012: Available at: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/electronic-cigarette-explodes-mans-mouth.html (accessed 4 March 2012) (Archived at: http://www.webcitation.org/6697Ra6jr).