Commentaries on Mathews et al. (2012)
Consumer genetics and addiction susceptibility testing—just what the consumer ordered
Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 12, pages 2075–2076, December 2012
How to Cite
Saunders, R. and Ashcroft, R. E. (2012), Consumer genetics and addiction susceptibility testing—just what the consumer ordered. Addiction, 107: 2075–2076. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.03937.x
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2012
- 3Users’ motivations to purchase direct-to-consumer genome-wide testing: an exploratory study of personal stories. J Commun Genet 2011; 2: 135–146., ,
- 7Effects of communicating DNA-based disease risk estimates on risk-reducing behaviours. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 10:CD007275., , , , , et al.
- 9Nuffield Council on Bioethics. Medical Profiling and Online Medicine: the Ethics of ‘Personalised Healthcare’ in a Consumer Age. London; Nuffield Council on Bioethics; 2010.
- 12Navigenics. New England Journal of Medicine Publishes Initial Data on Study Examining Impact of Personal Genomics. 2011–01–12. URL: http://www.navigenics.com/visitor/about_us/press/releases/NEJM_SGHI_011211/ (accessed: 2 June 2012; archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/687fxIrAe)