Priorities for tobacco control research in India
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 12, pages 2066–2068, December 2012
How to Cite
Sarkar, B. K. and Reddy, K. S. (2012), Priorities for tobacco control research in India. Addiction, 107: 2066–2068. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.03942.x
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2012
- Public Health Foundation of India
- 1Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS) India, 2009–2010. New Delhi: International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India; 2010., , , , , et al.
- 2The millenium development goals and tobacco control, an opportunity for global partnership. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2004.,
- 3Curbing the epidemic: governments and the economics of tobacco control. Washington, DC: World Bank; 1999.,
- 4World Health Organization. WHO Report on the global tobacco epidemic, 2008. The MPower package. World Health Organization; 2008.
- 5United Nations General Assembly. Report of the Secretary General. Prevention and control of Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs) Sixty sixth session. Item 119 of the preliminary list. Contract no.: A/66/83. New York: United Nations; 2011.
- 6World Health Organization. Confronting the epidemic—a global agenda for tobacco control research. Contract no.: WHO/NCD/TFI/99.12. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1999.
- 7Report on tobacco control in India. New Delhi: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, CDC, Atlanta USA and WHO; 2004.,
- 9Physician advice for smoking cessation [Review]. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008; (2): CD000165; 1–55 (online)., ,
- 11Nicotine receptor partial agonists for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; (1): CD006103 (online)., ,
- 12Tobacco cessation services in India: recent developments and the need for expansion. Indian J Cancer 2010; 47: S69–74.,
- 16Action on Smoking and Health. Briefing paper on myths and realities of tobacco point of sale display bans. Edinburgh: ASH Scotland; 2008.
- 19Tobacco smuggling. In: UICC, editor. Tobacco Control fact sheet; No 13, 2002.
- 20Tobacco control in Brazil. Washington, DC: World Bank; 2007., , , ,