RESEARCH CENTRES SERIES
Addiction Research Centres and the Nurturing of Creativity: National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre, India—a profile
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 108, Issue 10, pages 1705–1710, October 2013
How to Cite
Ray, R., Dhawan, A. and Chopra, A. (2013), Addiction Research Centres and the Nurturing of Creativity: National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre, India—a profile. Addiction, 108: 1705–1710. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.04046.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 22 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 APR 2012
- 1National Master Plan-India for Drug Abuse Control. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. New Delhi: Government of India; 1994. Report submitted to the Government of India.,
- 2Patterns and prevalence of opium use in rural Punjab. Bull Narc 1979; 2: 45–46., ,
- 4Alcohol consumption patterns in India: a cross sectional study. In: Demers A. , Room R. , Bourgault C. , editors. Surveys of Drinking Patterns and Problems in Seven Developing Countries, Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001, p. 103–114., , ,
- 5Pattern and prevalence of drug abuse in Delhi school children. Ind J Psychiatry 1978; 20: 2024., ,
- 6Prevalence and pattern of drug abuse among Delhi university students. Ind J Med Res 1976; 4: 627–630., ,
- 10Heroin dependence. Experience of a de-addiction unit in a general hospital. Ind J Psychiatry 1984; 28: 87–88., ,
- 11Occupational rehabilitation of opiate users on maintenance treatment in India: a microcredit-based approach. J Soc Work Pract Add 2010; 10: 413–422., , ,
- 14The Extent, Pattern and Trends of Drug Abuse in India, National Survey. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Regional Office for South Asia, 2004. Available at: http://www.unodc.org/india/national_Survey.html (accessed 31 August 2012; archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6AKCV8iqC).
- 15A 24 week outcome following buprenorphine maintenance among opiate users in India. J Subst Use 2006; 11: 409–415., , ,
- 17Opioid Substitution—Buprenorphine in India. New Delhi: UNODC (ROSA); 2009., ,
- 18Drug Abuse Monitoring System. 2007. Report submitted under WHO and Ministry of Health and family Welfare Collaborative programme (2006–07) (SE/06/226877 & SE/07/117746).
- 21South Asia Drug Demand Reduction Report. New Delhi: UNDCP Regional Office for South Asia; 1998..