Commentary on Des Jarlais et al. (2012): Are ethnic disparities in drug policy-related harms relevant to the addiction medicine community?
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 107, Issue 12, pages 2096–2098, December 2012
How to Cite
Wood, E. and Kerr, T. (2012), Commentary on Des Jarlais et al. (2012): Are ethnic disparities in drug policy-related harms relevant to the addiction medicine community?. Addiction, 107: 2096–2098. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.04072.x
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 20 NOV 2012
- the Canada Research Chairs
- 4The Global Commission on Drug Policy. The War on Drugs and HIV/AIDS: How the Criminalization of Drug Use Fuels the Global Pandemic. 2012. Available at: http://www.globalcommissionondrugs.org/hivaids-pandemic/ (accessed 21 September 2012; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6AqchpoQf).
- 9US Centers for Disease Control. Diagnoses of HIV infection and AIDS in the United States and dependent areas. 2009. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/surveillance/resources/reports/2009report/ (accessed 21 September 2012; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6AqdlOr6L).
- 10ASAM Writing Committee to Develop a Response to State-Level Proposals to Legalize Marijuana: , , , , , ASAM White Paper on State-Level Proposals to Legalize Marijuana. 2012. Available at: http://www.asam.org/policies/state-level-proposals-to-legalize-marijuana (accessed 21 September 2012; archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6Aqebp3CL).
- 11Monitoring the Future: National Survey Results on Drug Use, 1975–2005, vol. I. Secondary School Students. NIH publication no. 06-5883. Bethesda, MD: National Institute on Drug Abuse; 2006., , ,
- 12Paternal incarceration and trajectories of marijuana and other illegal drug use from adolescence into young adulthood: evidence from longitudinal panels of males and females in the United States. Addiction 2011; 106: 121–132., , ,
- 13Cannabis Policy: Moving Beyond Stalemate. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2010., , , ,
- 15In thinking about cannabis policy, what can be learned from alcohol and tobacco? In: Sharon Rödner Sznitman , Börje Olsson , Robin Room , editors. A Cannabis Reader: Global Issues and Local Experiences. Monograph series no. 8, vol. 1. Lisbon: European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction; 2008, pp. 119–135.