Developing the evidence base for addressing inequalities and smoking in the United Kingdom
Version of Record online: 2 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Special Issue: Engaging Disadvantaged Tobacco Users with Cessation Support
Volume 107, Issue Supplement S2, pages 1–7, December 2012
How to Cite
McNeill, A., Amos, A., McEwen, A., Ferguson, J. and Croghan, E. (2012), Developing the evidence base for addressing inequalities and smoking in the United Kingdom. Addiction, 107: 1–7. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.04080.x
- Issue online: 2 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 2 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 JUL 2012
- 4Tobacco use: equity and social determinants. In: Blas E. , Kurup A. , editors. Equity, Social Determinants and Public Health Programmes. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2010, p. 199–218., , ,
- 8Chief Medical Officer. Health in Scotland 2010: Annual Report of the Chief Medical Officer. Edinburgh: Scottish Government; 2011.
- 9Homelessness Smoking and Health. London: Health Development Agency; 2004.
- 10Smoking and Patients with Mental Health Problems. London: Health Development Agency; 2004.
- 11Tobacco Control, Inequalities in Health and Action at a Local Level. York: Public Health Research Consortium, 2011., , , , , et al.
- 13Smokeless Tobacco in the UK—Products, Populations and Policy. London, 2011. Available at: http://www.ukctcs.org/ukctcs/documents/smokelessprojectreport.pdf (accessed 4 October 2012)., , , , , et al.
- 14Department of Health. Healthy Lives, Healthy People: A Tobacco Control Plan for England. London: Department of Health. 2011. Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publichealth/Healthyliveshealthypeople/index.htm (accessed 4 October 2012).
- 16Department of Health. Smoking Kills: A White Paper on Tobacco. London: Stationery Office; 1998.
- 30UK Centre Tobacco Control Studies. Available at: http://www.ukctcs.org/ukctcs/research/featuredprojects/dhinequalitiespilots/indexaspx (accessed 4 October 2012).