Implementation of routine biochemical validation and an ‘opt out’ referral pathway for smoking cessation in pregnancy
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors, Addiction © 2012 Society for the Study of Addiction
Special Issue: Engaging Disadvantaged Tobacco Users with Cessation Support
Volume 107, Issue Supplement S2, pages 53–60, December 2012
How to Cite
Bauld, L., Hackshaw, L., Ferguson, J., Coleman, T., Taylor, G. and Salway, R. (2012), Implementation of routine biochemical validation and an ‘opt out’ referral pathway for smoking cessation in pregnancy. Addiction, 107: 53–60. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.04086.x
- Issue published online: 2 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 4 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAR 2012
- 1Department of Health. Healthy Lives, Healthy People: A Tobacco Control Plan for England. London: Department of Health; 2011. Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_124917 (accessed 25 February 2012). (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6BG2IQQKp 8th October 2012).
- 8Information Centre. Infant Feeding Survey 2010. 2011. Available at: http://www.ic.nhs.uk/webfiles/publications/ifs06/2005%20Infant%20Feeding%20Survey%20%28final%20version%29.pdf (accessed 25 February 2012). (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6BG2MOU32 on 8th October 2012).
- 11Information Centre. Statistics on NHS Stop Smoking Services, England: April 2008 to March 2009. Leeds: NHS Health and Social Care Information Centre; 2009.
- 13National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). NICE Public Health Guidance 26: Quitting smoking in pregnancy and childbirth. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence; 2010.
- 15Pilot of opt out referral and validation of smoking status in pregnancy: process evaluation. Report submitted to the Department of Health. London: UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies; April 2011., ,
- 16‘Breathe’: the stop smoking service for pregnant women in Glasgow. Midwifery 2008; 26: PE1–PE13., , , , ,