Status of forests in Uganda
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
African Journal of Ecology
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 853–859, December 2010
How to Cite
Obua, J., Agea, J. G. and Ogwal, J. J. (2010), Status of forests in Uganda. African Journal of Ecology, 48: 853–859. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2028.2010.01217.x
- Issue online: 10 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2010
- (Manuscript accepted 24 March 2010)
- 1954) Forest spread and climatic change in Uganda during the Christian era. Emp. For. Rev 33, 23–29. (
- 1951) The indigenous trees of the Uganda Protectorate, 2nd edn. Government Printer, Entebbe. & (
- Fao (1997) State of the World’s forests. FAO, Rome.
- Fao (2001) Forest Resources Assessment. FAO, Rome.
- 1984) Deforestation in Uganda. Oxford University Press, East & Central Africa. (
- 1991) Nature Conservation in Uganda’s Tropical Forest Reserves. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland and Cambridge, UK. (
- 1964) THE VEGETATION OF Uganda and its bearing on land use. Uganda Government Printer, Entebbe. , & (
- Ministry of Water, Lands and Environment (2001). Forest Sector Review Report. Unpublished report, Government of Uganda, 158 pp.
- National Environment Management Authority (2002) State of the Environment Report for Uganda. Government of Uganda, Kampala.
- National Environment Management Authority (20042005) State of the Environment Report for Uganda. Government of Uganda, Kampala.
- National Forestry Authority (2008) Strategic action plan for the period 2008/9 to 2012/13 with priorities for the first five years. Government of Uganda, Kampala.
- 1971) Annotated list of the perennial woody vegetation of the West Ankole forests. Uganda J. 35, 1–12. (
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (2002) Population Census results. Government of Uganda, Entebbe.