Daily treatment with esomeprazole is superior to that taken on-demand for maintenance of healed erosive oesophagitis
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2005
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 183–191, August 2005
How to Cite
SJÖSTEDT, S., BEFRITS, R., SYLVAN, A., HARTHON, C., JÖRGENSEN, L., CARLING, L., MODIN, S., STUBBERÖD, A., TOTH, E. and LIND, T. (2005), Daily treatment with esomeprazole is superior to that taken on-demand for maintenance of healed erosive oesophagitis. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 22: 183–191. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2005.02553.x
- Issue online: 29 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2005
- Accepted for publication 24 May 2005
- 5On demand therapy with omeprazole for the long-term management of patients with heartburn without oesophagitis placebo-controlled randomized trial. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2000; 14: 1103., , , et al.
- 9The new proton pump inhibitor esomeprazole is effective as maintenance therapy in GERD patients with healed erosive esophagitis: a 6-month, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of efficacy and safety. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2001; 15: 927–35., , , et al.
- 20Omeprazole 10 milligrams once daily, omeprazole 20 milligrams once daily, or ranitidine 150 milligrams twice daily, evaluated as initial therapy for the relief of symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in general practice. Scand J Gastroenterol 1997; 32: 965–73., , , et al.
- 21Correlation between patient demographics and heartburn severity with Los Angeles (LA) classification of erosive esophagitis. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 2591., , , et al.