Pancreatic cancer in England and Wales 1975–2000: patterns and trends in incidence, survival and mortality
Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2006
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 23, Issue 8, pages 1205–1214, April 2006
How to Cite
WOOD, H. E., GUPTA, S., KANG, J. Y., QUINN, M. J., MAXWELL, J. D., MUDAN, S. and MAJEED, A. (2006), Pancreatic cancer in England and Wales 1975–2000: patterns and trends in incidence, survival and mortality. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 23: 1205–1214. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2006.02860.x
- Issue online: 30 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2006
- Publication data Submitted 4 December 2005 First decision 27 December 2005 Resubmitted 28 January 2006 Accepted 29 January 2006
- 1Office for National Statistics. Cancer Statistics Registrations; Registration of Cancers Diagnosed in 2000. London: Office for National Statistics, 2003. MB1 no. 31.
- 2Cancer Research UK. Cancer Stats: Cancer in the European Union. London: Cancer Research UK, 2004.
- 4Pancreatic cancer. In: SchottenfeldD, FraumeniJFJr, eds. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996: 725–71., , .
- 10Longitudinal study of socio-economic differences in the incidence of stomach, colorectal and pancreatic cancers. Popul Trends 1998; 35–41., , , .
- 11Cancer Mortality by Occupation and Social Class 1851–1971. London/Lyon: HMSO/International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1982..
- 14Cancer Trends in England and Wales 1950–99. London: The Stationery Office, 2001., , , , .
- 23Automatic coding of causes of death. Popul Trends 1993; 73: 1–3..
- 24Mortality trends by cause of death in England and Wales 1980–94: the impact of introducing automated cause coding and related changes in 1993. Popul Trends 1996; 86: 29–35., .
- 25General Registrar's office. The Registrar General's Statistical Review of England and Wales for the Three Years 1962–1964: Supplement on Cancer. London: HMSO, 1968.
- 26World Health Organisation. Manual of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases, Injuries, and Causes of Death, Eighth Revision. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 1967.
- 27World Health Organisation. Manual of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases, Injuries and Causes of Death, 9th edn. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 1977.
- 28World Health Organisation. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 1992.
- 29American Cancer Society. Manual of Tumor Nomenclature and Coding (MOTNAC). Washington, DC: American Cancer Society, 1951.
- 30World Health Organisation. International Classification of Diseases for Oncology. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 1976.
- 31World Health Organisation. International Classification of Diseases for Oncology, 2nd edn. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 1990.
- 32The effect of the introduction of ICD-10 on cancer mortality trends in England and Wales 1999. Health Stat Q 2004, 23. 7–17., , .
- 33Office for National Statistics. Report: results of the ICD-10 bridging coding study, England and Wales 1999. Health Stat Q 2005; 13: 31–41.
- 34Office for Population and Census Statistics. Mortality Statistics. Cause 1984. 11. London: Her Majesty's Stationary Office, Series DH2, 1985.
- 35Cancer Survival Trends in England and Wales, 1971–1995: Deprivation and NHS Region. London: The Stationery Office, 1999., , , et al.
- 37Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions. Measuring Multiple Deprivation at the Small Area Level: The Indices of Deprivation 2000. London: Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, 2000.
- 38National Assembly for Wales. Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation. Cardiff: National Assembly for Wales, 2000.
- 40Office for National Statistics. Cancer Survival: England and Wales, 1991–2001. London: Office for National Statistics, 2004.
- 44Smoking Statistics, 2nd edn. London: Oxford University Press, 1991., .
- 45Smoking Related Behaviour and Attitudes 2000. London: Office for National Statistics, 2001., .
- 46World Cancer Report. Lyon: IARC Press, 2003., .
- 55National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2004, with chartbook on trends in the health of Americans. Hyattsvile, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2004.
- 56House of Commons Health Committee. Obesity: Third Report of Session 2003–04. . London: The Stationery Office, 2004.
- 57Department of Health. Health Survey for England 2003. London: The Stationery Office, 2004.
- 58Living in Britain: Results From the General Household Survey 2002. London: The Stationery Office, 2004., , , , .
- 59NHS Executive. Cancer Referral Guidelines: Referral Guidelines for Suspected Cancer. 2000. London. London: Department of Health, Health Service Circular 2000/013, 2000.