The members of NORCOL group are given in Appendix.
Results of a prospective randomised multicentre controlled trial comparing a new 2-L ascorbic acid plus polyethylene glycol and electrolyte solution vs. sodium phosphate solution in patients undergoing elective colonoscopy
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2006
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 24, Issue 11-12, pages 1631–1642, December 2006
How to Cite
BITOUN, A., PONCHON, T., BARTHET, M., COFFIN, B., DUGUÉ, C., HALPHEN, M. and ON BEHALF OF THE NORCOL GROUP (2006), Results of a prospective randomised multicentre controlled trial comparing a new 2-L ascorbic acid plus polyethylene glycol and electrolyte solution vs. sodium phosphate solution in patients undergoing elective colonoscopy. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 24: 1631–1642. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2006.03167.x
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2006
- Publication data Submitted 10 August 2006 First decision 17 August 2006 Resubmitted 14 September 2006 Accepted 14 September 2006
- 8Electrolyte disturbances with oral phosphate bowel preparations. Aus Adv Drug React Bulletin 1997; 16: 2., , , et al.
- 9Sodium phosphate induced hypernatremia in an elderly patient: a complex pathophysiologic state. Am J Kidney Disease 1991; 5: 609–11.,
- 13Etude prospective randomisée en simple aveugle comparant phosphate de sodium oral et polytéthylène glycol pour la préparation à la coloscopie. Gastroenterol Clin Biol 2001; 25: 29–34., , , et al.
- 21A comparison of the effectiveness and patient tolerance of oral sodium phosphate, castor oil, and standard electrolyte lavage for colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy solution. Am J Gastroenterol 1993; 8: 1218–23., , , , ,
- 27Fleet Phospho Soda: A Step Towards a Better Acceptability of Colonic Solutions Before Colonoscopy. A Randomised Comparative Multicentre Study Versus Polyethylene Glycol. Brussels: 8th UEGW, 2000., ,
- 28A randomised prospective trial comparing oral sodium phosphate with standard polyethylene glycol-based lavage solution (Golytely) in the solution of patients for colonoscopy. Am J Gastroenterol 1990; 4: 422–7., , , , ,
- 29Fleet Phospho Soda (FPS) Is as Efficient but Better Accepted and Tolerated than Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) as a Colonic Solution Before a Colonoscopy. A Randomised Comparative Study. Amsterdam: 9th UEGW, 2001., ,
- 30Norgine Ltd. Data on File. Harefield, UK: Norgine, 2006.
- 35Efficacy and tolerability of a new formulation of sodium phosphate tablets (INKP-101), and a reduced sodium phosphate dose, in colon cleansing: a single-center open-label pilot trial. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2005; 21: 465–9.,