Low- and standard-dose peginterferon alfa-2a for chronic hepatitis C, genotype 2 or 3: efficacy, tolerability, viral kinetics and cytokine response
Article first published online: 16 FEB 2010
Published 2010. This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 31, Issue 9, pages 1018–1027, May 2010
How to Cite
ROTMAN, Y., BORG, B. B., SOZA, A., FELD, J. J., MODI, A. A., LOOMBA, R., LUTCHMAN, G., RIVERA, E., DOO, E., GHANY, M. G., HELLER, T., NEUMANN, A. U., LIANG, T. J. and HOOFNAGLE, J. H. (2010), Low- and standard-dose peginterferon alfa-2a for chronic hepatitis C, genotype 2 or 3: efficacy, tolerability, viral kinetics and cytokine response. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 31: 1018–1027. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2010.04263.x
- Issue published online: 5 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 16 FEB 2010
- Publication data Submitted 21 July 2009 First decision 1 August 2009 Resubmitted 8 February 2010 Accepted 9 February 2010 Epub Accepted Article 16 February 2010
- 1Estimated global prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection. Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Boston, 2004., , , , .
- 8Efficacy and safety of two-dose regimens of peginterferon alpha-2a compared with interferon alpha-2a in chronic hepatitis C: a multicenter, randomized controlled trial. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 1298–305., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 19The CES-D Scale: a self-report depression scale for research in the general population. Applied Psychological Measurement 1977; 1: 385–401..
- 23Ribavirin improves second phase kinetics through enhanced interferon signaling in genotype 1 HCV infection. AASLD Liver Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2008., , , et al.
- 24Comparison of low-dose pegylated interferon versus standard high-dose pegylated interferon in combination with ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C with genotype 3: an Indian experience. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2008; 23: 203–7., , , et al.
- 25Comparison of two PEG-interferon alpha-2b doses (1.0 or 1.5 microg/kg) combined with ribavirin in interferon-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C and up to moderate fibrosis. J Viral Hepat 2006; 13: 457–65., , , et al.
- 26A study of low dose peginterferon alpha-2b with ribavirin for the initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C. Am J Gastroenterol 2006; 101: 1268–73., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 28Peginterferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C with severe fibrosis: a multicentre randomized controlled trial comparing two doses of peginterferon alpha-2b. J Viral Hepat 2006; 13: 811–20., , , et al.