Evidence of high sugar intake, and low fibre and mineral intake, in the gluten-free diet
Article first published online: 4 JUN 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 32, Issue 4, pages 573–581, August 2010
How to Cite
Wild, D., Robins, G. G., Burley, V. J. and Howdle, P. D. (2010), Evidence of high sugar intake, and low fibre and mineral intake, in the gluten-free diet. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 32: 573–581. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2010.04386.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 4 JUN 2010
- Publication data Submitted 18 March 2010 First decision 2 April 2010 Resubmitted 30 May 2010 Accepted 31 May 2010 Epub Accepted Article 3 June 2010
- 9A systematic literature review on the nutritional adequacy of a typical gluten-free diet with particular reference to iron, calcium, folate and B vitamins. Food Standards Agency Report (Project Code : T07053). Available at: http://www.foodbase.org.uk/results.php?f_report_id=301., , , , .
- 10Committee on Medical Aspects of Food Policy. Panel on Dietary Reference Values. Dietary Reference Values for Food, Energy and Nutrients in the UK. Report on Health and Social Subjects 41. London: Department of Health, 1991.
- 11Guidelines for Osteoporosis in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Coeliac Disease: British Society of Gastroenterology; 2007. Available at: http://www.bsg.org.uk/images/stories/clinical/ost_coe_ibd.pdf.
- 12National Diet and Nutrition Survey: Adults Aged 19-64 Years. Office for National Statistics. London: HMSO, 2002., , , .
- 14The Manual of Dietetic Practice. 4th ed. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2007..
- 16Mucosal pathology in gluten sensitivity. In: MarshMN, eds. Coeliac Disease. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific, 1992: 136–91..
- 17Weights and Volumes Represented by the Photographs Used in the EPIC Food Diary. Cambridge, 2006..
- 18Food Portion Sizes. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF). London: HMSO, 2006.
- 19McCance and Widdowson’s The Composition of Foods. Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry and Ministry of Agriculture Fishery and Foods, 1991., , , , , .
- 21Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Diseases. Report of a Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 2003: 160.
- 23The dietary assessment of individuals: methods, accuracy, new techniques and recommendations. Nutr Abstr Rev (Series A) 1987; 57: 38..
- 24Assessment of dietary intake in man : a review of available methods. J Nutr Med 1991; 2: 1., .