Meta-analysis: re-treatment of genotype I hepatitis C nonresponders and relapsers after failing interferon and ribavirin combination therapy
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 32, Issue 8, pages 969–983, October 2010
How to Cite
Singal, A. G., Waljee, A. K., Shiffman, M., Bacon, B. R. and Schoenfeld, P. S. (2010), Meta-analysis: re-treatment of genotype I hepatitis C nonresponders and relapsers after failing interferon and ribavirin combination therapy. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 32: 969–983. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2010.04427.x
- Issue published online: 26 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2010
- Publication data Submitted 6 May 2010 First decision 27 May 2010 Resubmitted 10 July 2010 Accepted 17 July 2010
- 16A randomized, controlled trial to determine whether continued ribavirin monotherapy in hepatitis C virus-infected patients who responded to interferon-ribavirin combination therapy will enhance sustained virologic response. J Infect Dis 2001; 184: 405–9., , , , , .
- 17High Sustained Virologic Response (SVR) in Genotype 1 (GI) Null Responders to PEG-Interferon alfa-2B (P) plus Ribavirin (R) when treated with Boceprevir (BOC) combination therapy. Hepatology 2009; 4: 331A., , .
- 29Clinical trial: pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of re-treatment with fixed-dose induction of peginterferon alpha-2a in hepatitis C virus genotype 1 true non-responder patients. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2007; 26: 1131–8., , , et al.
- 30Efficacy of daily consensus interferon and ribavirin compared to PEG-interferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in non-responders with chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology 2005; 42: 691A., , , , .
- 31Double dose peginterferon alfa-2b with weight-based ribavirin improves response for interferon/ribavirin non-responders with hepatitis C: final results of “RENEW”. Hepatology 2005; 42: 219A., , , , , .
- 32A randomized trial of pegylated interferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin in the retreatment of chronic hepatitis C. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 2453–62., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 35Retreatment of HCV genotype 1 relapse patients to peginterferon/ribavirin therapy with an extended treatment regimen of 72 weeks with consensus interferon/ribavirin versus peginterferon alpha/ribavirin. Hepatology 2007; 46: 819A., , , , .
- 38A randomized trial of pegylated-interferon-alpha2a plus ribavirin with or without amantadine in the re-treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C not responding to standard interferon and ribavirin. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2006; 24: 1079–86., , , et al.
- 41Peginterferon alpha-2a combination therapies in chronic hepatitis C patients who relapsed after or had a viral breakthrough on therapy with standard interferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin: a pilot study of efficacy and safety. Dig Dis Sci 2005; 50: 719–26., , , , , .
- 43A randomized controlled trial of pegylated interferon alpha-2a (40 KD) or interferon alpha-2a plus ribavirin and amantadine vs interferon alpha-2a and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C. J Viral Hepat 2005; 12: 292–9., , , et al.
- 46Efficacy and Safety of an intensified regimen of pegylated interferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin in HCV genotype 1-infected patients who did not respond to a prior standard regimen of pegylated interferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin: an interim analysis of the multicentric, randomized, controlled SYREN trial. Hepatology 2008; 48: 1148A., , , , .
- 47Treatment of peginterferon/ribavirin nonresponders with daily dosingof consensus interferon and ribavirin: results from the german consensus interferon multicenter study. Hepatology 2008; 48: 1143A., , .