These authors contributed equally.
Clinical trial: the efficacy of open-label prucalopride treatment in patients with chronic constipation – follow-up of patients from the pivotal studies
Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2010
© 2010 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 32, Issue 9, pages 1113–1123, November 2010
How to Cite
Camilleri, M., Van Outryve, M. J., Beyens, G., Kerstens, R., Robinson, P. and Vandeplassche, L. (2010), Clinical trial: the efficacy of open-label prucalopride treatment in patients with chronic constipation – follow-up of patients from the pivotal studies. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 32: 1113–1123. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2010.04455.x
- Issue online: 6 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2010
- Publication data Submitted 22 July 2010 First decision 10 August 2010 Resubmitted 23 August 2010 Accepted 23 August 2010 EV Pub Online 16 September 2010
- 1Burden of chronic constipation must include estimates of work productivity and activity impairment in addition to traditional healthcare utilization. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99(Suppl. 10): S233., .
- 2Health-related quality of life in functional GI disorders: focus on constipation and resource utilization. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 1986–93., , , , .Direct Link:
- 5An epidemiological survey of constipation in Canada: definitions, rates, demographics, and predictors of health care seeking. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 3130–7., , , , .Direct Link:
- 6Epidemiology of constipation in North America: a systematic review. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 750–9., .Direct Link:
- 8Only 27% of patients with chronic constipation are satisfied with current treatment options. Gut 2009; 58(Suppl. II): A181., , .
- 13Ambulatory 24-hour colonic manometry in slow-transit constipation. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 2405–16., , , .Direct Link:
- 21A placebo-controlled trial of prucalopride for severe chronic constipation. N Engl J Med 2008; 29: 358., , , .
- 22Clinical trial: the efficacy, impact on quality of life, and safety and tolerability of prucalopride in severe chronic constipation – a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2009; 29: 315–28., , , .
- 24Efficacy of 12–week treatment with prucalopride (Resolor®) in patients with chronic constipation: combined results of three identical randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III trials [Abstract 1402]. Gastroenterology 2008; 134: A548., , , .
- 27Resolor (prucalopride). Summary of product characteristics. Available at: http://www.emea.europa.eu/humandocs/PDFs/EPAR/resolor/H-1012-PI-en.pdf.
- 30Epidemiology of constipation (EPOC) study in the United States: relation of clinical subtypes to sociodemographic features. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 3530–40., , , et al.Direct Link: