Early clinical remission and normalisation of CRP are the strongest predictors of efficacy, mucosal healing and dose escalation during the first year of adalimumab therapy in Crohn’s disease
Article first published online: 24 AUG 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 34, Issue 8, pages 911–922, October 2011
How to Cite
Kiss, L. S., Szamosi, T., Molnar, T., Miheller, P., Lakatos, L., Vincze, A., Palatka, K., Barta, Z., Gasztonyi, B., Salamon, A., Horvath, G., Tóth, G. T., Farkas, K., Banai, J., Tulassay, Z., Nagy, F., Szenes, M., Veres, G., Lovasz, B. D., Vegh, Z., Golovics, P. A., Szathmari, M., Papp, M., Lakatos, P. L. and for the Hungarian IBD Study Group (2011), Early clinical remission and normalisation of CRP are the strongest predictors of efficacy, mucosal healing and dose escalation during the first year of adalimumab therapy in Crohn’s disease. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 34: 911–922. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2011.04827.x
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 24 AUG 2011
- Publication data Submitted 19 June 2011 First decision 2 July 2011 Resubmitted 2 August 2011 Accepted 3 August 2011
- 11The CHOICE trial: adalimumab demonstrates safety, fistula healing, improved quality of life and increased work productivity in patients with Crohn’s disease who failed prior infliximab therapy. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2010; 32: 1228–39., , , et al.
- 24Early azathioprine/biological therapy is associated with decreased risk for first surgery and delays time to surgery but not reoperation in both smokers and non-smokers with Crohn’s disease, while smoking prevents colectomy in UC. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 22: 872–9., , , et al.
- 31Demographic and clinical parameters influencing the short-term outcome of anti-tumor necrosis factor (infliximab) treatment in Crohn’s disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 2357–63., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 34Long-term durability of response to adalimumab treatment in Crohn’s disease. Gastroenterology 2010; 138: S-689., , , et al.
- 37Patterns and predictors of dosage increase in patients treated with adalimumab for Crohn’s disease in the United States. J Crohns Colitis 2009; 3: S24., , , , .