Previously undiagnosed aortic stenosis revealed by auscultation in the hip fracture population – echocardiographic findings, management and outcome
Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 64, Issue 8, pages 863–870, August 2009
How to Cite
McBrien, M. E., Heyburn, G., Stevenson, M., McDonald, S., Johnston, N. J., Elliott, J. R. M. and Beringer, T. R. O. (2009), Previously undiagnosed aortic stenosis revealed by auscultation in the hip fracture population – echocardiographic findings, management and outcome. Anaesthesia, 64: 863–870. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2009.05960.x
- Issue online: 8 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2009
- Accepted: 24 March 2009
- 1National Confidential Enquiry into Perioperative Deaths. The Report of the National Confidential Enquiry into Perioperative Deaths 1994/1995. London: NCEPOD, 1997.
- 2National Confidential Enquiry into Perioperative Deaths. Changing the way we operate. The 2001 Report of the National Confidential Enquiry into Perioperative Deaths. London: NCEPOD, 2001.
- 8British Society of Echocardiography Education Committee 2006. Echocardiography: Guidelines for Valve Quantification. http://www.bsecho.org/Guidelines%20for%20Valve%20Quantification.pdf (accessed 19 February 2009).
- 18Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Management of elderly people with fractured hip. Edinburgh: SIGN 56, 2002.
- 19British Orthopaedic Association. The care of patients with fragility fracture. London: British Orthopaedic Association, 2007.
- 20Scottish Hip Fracture Audit 2008. Edinburgh: Information Services Division Scotland Publications. http://www.shfa.scot.nhs.uk/AnnualReport/SHFA_Report_2008.pdf (accessed 9 March 2009).
- 21Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety. Priorities for Action 2008/2009. http://www.dhsspsni.gov.uk/pfa0809.pdf (accessed 25 February 2009).