Modelling the impact of an influenza A/H1N1 pandemic on critical care demand from early pathogenicity data: the case for sentinel reporting
Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 64, Issue 9, pages 937–941, September 2009
How to Cite
Ercole, A., Taylor, B. L., Rhodes, A. and Menon, D. K. (2009), Modelling the impact of an influenza A/H1N1 pandemic on critical care demand from early pathogenicity data: the case for sentinel reporting. Anaesthesia, 64: 937–941. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2009.06070.x
- Issue online: 3 AUG 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2009
- Accepted: 15 July 2009
- 4Statement of the Director General of the World Health Organisation, 2009. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2009/h1n1_pandemic_phase6_20090611/en/index.html (accessed 14/06/2009).
- 6Centres for Disease Control FluSurge 2.0 Software. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/tools/flusurge/ (accessed 02/06/2009).
- 7BBC news. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8130097.stm (accessed 05/06/2009).
- 8Office of National Statistics Data. http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloads/theme_population/KPVS34-2007/KPVS2007.pdf (accessed 05/06/2009).
- 9Department of Health Hospital Activity Data, 2009. http://www.performance.doh.gov.uk/hospitalactivity/data_requests/ (accessed 05/06/2009).
- 10National Report of the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network 2008. http://www.picanet.org.uk/ (accessed 05/06/2009)., , et al.
- 11Health Protection Agency data. http://www.hpa.org.uk/ (accessed 05/07/2009).
- 13World Health Organisation. http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_07_06/en/index.html/ (accessed 06/07/2009).
- 14Centres for Disease Control Data. http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm (accessed on 05/07/2009).
- 15Personal communication: Dr Tim Uyeky, Centers for Disease Control, USA, during a teleconference organised by the Health Protection Agency, UK, on 08/07/2009.
- 16Unpublished teleconference organised by the Health Protection Agency, UK, on 08/07/2009.
- 17Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC). http://www.icnarc.org/ (accessed 05/07/2009).
- 18Scottish Intensive Care Society Audit Group (SICSAG). http://www.sicsag.scot.nhs.uk (accessed 05/07/2009).