Presented in part at the Obstetric Anaesthetist’s Association annual scientific meeting, Jersey, Channel Islands, May 2009.
Epidural analgesia and breastfeeding: a randomised controlled trial of epidural techniques with and without fentanyl and a non-epidural comparison group
Version of Record online: 12 NOV 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 145–153, February 2010
How to Cite
Wilson, M. J. A., MacArthur, C., Cooper, G. M., Bick, D., Moore, P. A. S., Shennan, A. and on behalf of the COMET Study Group UK (2010), Epidural analgesia and breastfeeding: a randomised controlled trial of epidural techniques with and without fentanyl and a non-epidural comparison group. Anaesthesia, 65: 145–153. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2009.06136.x
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 12 NOV 2009
- Accepted: 20 September 2009
- 1Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN). Infant Feeding Survey 2005: A Commentary on Infant Feeding Practices in the UK – Implications for Policy and Practice. Position statement by the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition 2008. http://www.sacn.gov.uk/reports_position_statements/position_statements/infant_feeding_survey_2005_a_commentary_on_practices_in_the_uk_-_january_2008.html (accessed October 2009).
- 3National Obstetric Anaesthetic Database NOAD Report 2004. http://www.oaa-anaes.ac.uk/assets/_managed/editor/File/NOAD/2004_noad_finalreport.pdf (accessed August 2009).
- 4Epidural versus non-epidural or no analgesia in labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2005, Issue 4. Art No.: CD 000331. DOI: 1002/14651858.CD000331. pub 2., , .
- 15Intrapartum Care: Management and Delivery of Care to Women in Labour. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. 2007; CG55. http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG55/Guidance/pdf/English (accessed October 2009).
- 18Evidence on the Longterm Effects of Breastfeeding: Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis. World Health Organisation, 2007. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2007/9789241595230_eng.pdf (accessed August 2009)., , , .
- 20American Institute for Cancer Research. Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and the Prevention of Cancer: A Global Perspective. Washington DC: AICR. World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research. 2007. http://www.dietandcancerreport.org/ (accessed October 2009).