Cost estimates of spinal versus general anaesthesia for fractured neck of femur surgery
Article first published online: 28 MAY 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 65, Issue 8, pages 810–814, August 2010
How to Cite
Chakladar, A. and White, S. M. (2010), Cost estimates of spinal versus general anaesthesia for fractured neck of femur surgery. Anaesthesia, 65: 810–814. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2010.06382.x
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 28 MAY 2010
- Accepted: 20 April 2010
- 1Health Episode Statistics Online. Primary diagnosis: 4 character, S72.0-S72.2. http://www.hesonline.nhs.uk/Ease/servlet/ContentServer?siteID=1937&categoryID=215. (accessed 12/04/2010).
- 7The Economic Cost of Hip Fracture in the UK. York: University of York, 2000. http://viewcare.co.uk/Publications/hipfracture.pdf(accessed 12/04/2010)..
- 10World Health Organisation. Falls Prevention in Older Age. WHO Press, Geneva, 2007. http://www.who.int/ageing/publications/Falls_prevention7March.pdf. (accessed 12/04/2010).
- 12Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Management of hip fracture in older people. National clinical guideline 111. 2009. http://www.sign.ac.uk/pdf/sign111.pdf (accessed 12/04/2010).
- 13British Orthopaedic Association and British Geriatrics Society. The care of patients with fragility fracture. 2007. http://www.nhfd.co.uk/ (accessed 12/04/2010).
- 14Anaesthesia for hip fracture surgery in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004; 4: CD000521., , .
- 16Joint Formulary Committee. British National Formulary, 56th edn. London: Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain and BMJ Group, 2008.
- 18NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. The Productive Operating Theatre. Improving quality and efficiency in the operating theatre http://www.institute.nhs.uk/images//documents/Quality_and_value/Productive%20Operating%20Theatre/Finance%20leaflet.pdf (accessed 12/04/2010).
- 20The productive operating theatre. Patient preparation and turnaround. http://www.institute.nhs.uk/images//documents/Quality_and_value/Productive%20Operating%20Theatre/Presenation%20slides%20for%20The%20Productive%20Operating%20Theatre%20programme%20launch%20September%202009.pdf (accessed 12/04/2010)..
- 24NHS Confederation. Dealing with the downturn. June, 2009 http://www.nhsconfed.org/Publications/Documents/Dealing_with_the_downturn.pdf (accessed 12/04/2010).
- 26National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Perioperative hypothermia (inadvertent): the management of inadvertent peri-operative hypothermia in adults. Clinical Guideline 65. April, 2008. http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/CG65Guidance.pdf (accessed 12/04/2010).