Enhanced recovery programmes; coming to a hospital near you!
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Anaesthesia © 2011 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 66, Issue 10, pages 864–868, October 2011
How to Cite
Morris, C. and Gold, S. (2011), Enhanced recovery programmes; coming to a hospital near you!. Anaesthesia, 66: 864–868. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2011.06883.x
- Issue published online: 14 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
- 1Reducing Length of Stay. http://www.reducinglengthofstay.org.uk/ (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 2Deltex Medical and cardioQ. http://www.reducinglengthofstay.org.uk/deltex.html (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 3Improving surgical outcomes group (ISOG). Modernising care for patients undergoing major surgery. http://www.reducinglengthofstay.org.uk/isog.html (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 4Improving Surgical Outcomes Group. Modernising care for patients undergoing major surgery: implementation guide. http://www.reducinglengthofstay.org.uk/doc/ISOG3.pdf (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 5Department of Health. Liberating the NHS: Legislative framework and next steps. 15 December 2010 http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/LiberatingtheNHS/index.htm (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 6Department of Health business plan 2011–2015. http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_121393 (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 7NHS Employers. Health White Paper – what does it mean for workforce? 26 July 2010 http://www.nhsemployers.org/HealthWhitePaper/Pages/Healthwhite-paper-what-does-it-mean-workforce.aspx (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 9NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. Quality and Service Improvement Tools: Enhanced Recovery Programme. http://www.institute.nhs.uk/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/enhanced_recovery_programme.html (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 10British Medical Association. What are the Government’s changes and do they reflect BMA concerns? 14 June 2011. http://www.bma.org.uk/images/nhsreformgovernmentchanges_tcm41-207288.pdf (accessed 11/07/2011).
- 11Department of Health. Enhanced recovery partnership programme. Sharing the learning; You’re better sooner! http://www.improvement.nhs.uk/cancer/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Mzvcinc1Dpo%3D&tabid=278 (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 12Enhanced Recovery National Update. Presented 10 February 2011 http://www.nwlcn.nhs.uk/Downloads/Microsoft%20PowerPoint%20-%20Piers%20presentation.pdf (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 13NHS Improvement: Cancer. http://www.improvement.nhs.uk/cancer/TransformingInpatientCare/WP2_enhancedrecovery/tabid/131/Default.aspx (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 14NHS Improvement: Enhanced Recovery. You’re better sooner. http://www.improvement.nhs.uk/enhancedrecovery/ (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 17Surviving sepsis campaign: severe sepsis bundles. http://www.survivingsepsis.org/Bundles/Pages/default.aspx (accessed 08/06/2011).
- 19Anaesthesia for hip fracture surgery in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004; 4: CD000521., , .
- 23Department of Health. Enhanced Recovery. http://www.london.nhs.uk/webfiles/tools%20and%20resources/ERR/Enhanced%20Recovery%20Partnership%20Programme%20Slidepack%20Feb%202011.pdf (accessed 10/07/2011).
- 24National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. 2011. Cardio Q ODM (oesophageal Doppler monitor). http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/MTG3 (accessed 25/8/2011).
- 26Enhanced Recovery Programme. http://www.enhancedrecoveryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Caledonian-Enhanced-Recovery.-David-McDonald.pdf (accessed 09/06/2011).
- 29National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of colorectal cancer – review of technology. Appraisal Guidance no. 17. Submission of the Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. July 2005. http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11587/39325/39325.pdf (accessed 09/06/2011).