You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
‘The future ain’t what it used to be’– reflections on the evolution of anaesthesia
Article first published online: 11 APR 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 67, Issue 5, pages 470–473, May 2012
How to Cite
Goldhill, D. R., Waldmann, C. S. and Soni, N. (2012), ‘The future ain’t what it used to be’– reflections on the evolution of anaesthesia. Anaesthesia, 67: 470–473. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2012.07138.x
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 11 APR 2012
- 4National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome Death. Knowing the Risk: a Review of the Peri-operative Care of Surgical Patients. London: NCEPOD, 2011.
- 5Audit Commission. Critical to Success. London: Audit Commission, 1999.
- 6Department of Health. Comprehensive Critical Care . A Review of Adult Critical Care Services. London: Department of Health, 2000.
- 9Comparing the USA, UK and 17 Western countries’ efficiency and effectiveness in reducing mortality. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine Short Reports 2011; 2: 60., .
- 10UK Public Spending. http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/ (accessed 08/02/2012).
- 11NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. Enhanced Recovery Programme . http://www.institute.nhs.uk/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/enhanced_recovery_programme.html (accessed 08/02/2012).