Presented in part at the Society for Education in Anaesthesia, Exeter; March 2011.
Novice performance of ultrasound-guided needle advancement: standard 38-mm transducer vs 25-mm hockey stick transducer*
Version of Record online: 16 APR 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 67, Issue 8, pages 855–861, August 2012
How to Cite
Davies, T., Townsley, P., Jlala, H., Dowling, M., Bedforth, N., Hardman, J. G. and McCahon, R. A. (2012), Novice performance of ultrasound-guided needle advancement: standard 38-mm transducer vs 25-mm hockey stick transducer. Anaesthesia, 67: 855–861. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2012.07139.x
You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
- Issue online: 9 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 APR 2012
- Accepted: 27 February 2012
- 1National Institute of Clinical Excellence Guidance:Ultrasound Guided Regional Nerve Block, 2009. http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11931/42876/42876.pdf (accessed 20/05/2011).
- 2The American Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine and the European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy Joint Committee Recommendations for Education and Training in Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anaesthesia. Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine 2009; 34: 40–6., , , et al.
- 3Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland.Ultrasound in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care: a Guide to Training. London: AAGBI, 2011. http://www.aagbi.org/sites/default/files/Ultrasound%20in%20Anaesthesia%20and%20Intensive%20Care%20-%20A%20Guide%20to%20Training.pdf (accessed 01/09/2011).
- 5The use of turkey breast and stuffed olives as a soft tissue model for the teaching and practice of ultrasound guided interventional procedures. European Journal of Ultrasound 1998; 7: S12., .
- 7Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests. Psychometrik 1951; 16: 297–333..