You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
Emergency capnography monitoring: comparing ergonomic design of intensive care unit ventilator interfaces and specific training of staff in reducing time to activation
Article first published online: 23 APR 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 67, Issue 8, pages 850–854, August 2012
How to Cite
Hodges, E., Griffiths, A., Richardson, J., Blunt, M. and Young, P. (2012), Emergency capnography monitoring: comparing ergonomic design of intensive care unit ventilator interfaces and specific training of staff in reducing time to activation. Anaesthesia, 67: 850–854. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2012.07161.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2012
- Accepted: 15 March 2012
- 1The first years of clinical capnography. In: Gravenstein JS, Jaffe MB, Gravenstein N, Paulus DA, eds. Capnography. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004: 430..
- 2American Society of Anesthesiologists. Standards for Basic Anesthetic Monitoring, ASA House of Delegates, 1986 and 2005. http://www.asahq.org/publicationsAndServices/standards/02.pdf (accessed 09/12/2011).
- 3Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland. Recommendations for Standards of Monitoring during Anaesthesia and Recovery, 4th edn, 2007. http://www.aagbi.org/publications/guidelines/docs/standardsofmonitoring07.pdf (accessed 09/12/2011).
- 44th National Audit Project: Major Complications of Airway Management in the UK. London: Royal College of Anaesthetists and Difficult Airway Society, 2011. http://www.rcoa.ac.uk/docs/NAP4_Section1.pdf (accessed 07/12/2011)., , .
- 14Standards for Capnography in Critical Care. http://ics.ac.uk/downloads/Draft%20CO2%20monitoring%20guidelines.pdf (accessed 07/12/2011)., , .
- 16Report of the NAP4 airway project. Journal of the Intensive Care Society 2011; 12: 107–11., , .
- 17Major complications of airway management in the UK: results of the Fourth National Audit Project of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and the Difficult Airway Society. Part 2: intensive care and emergency departments. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2011; 106: 632–42., , , .
- 18Intensive Care Society. Standards and Guidelines. Standards for Capnography in Critical Care. http://www.ics.ac.uk/intensive_care_professional/standards_and_guidelines/capnography_guidelines (accessed 07/12/2011).
- 19Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland. Capnography Outside the Operating Theatre: Updated Statement from the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland (AAGBI) May 2011. http://www.aagbi.org/sites/default/files/Capnographyaagbi090711AJH%5B1%5D_0.pdf (accessed 09/12/2011).
- 20Department of Health. Governance Arrangements for Research Ethics Committees: A Harmonised Edition. 2.3.13. http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/documents/digitalasset/dh_132578.pdf (accessed 8/3/2012).
- 21R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2009. http://www.R-project.org (accessed 17/12/2011).