You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
A clinical evaluation of four non-Luer spinal needle and syringe systems
Article first published online: 13 AUG 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 67, Issue 11, pages 1217–1224, November 2012
How to Cite
Kinsella, S. M., Goswami, A., Laxton, C., Kirkham, L., Wharton, N. and Bowen, M. (2012), A clinical evaluation of four non-Luer spinal needle and syringe systems. Anaesthesia, 67: 1217–1224. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2012.07297.x
- Issue published online: 3 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 13 AUG 2012
- Accepted: 3 July 2012
- 1National Patient Safety Agency. Safer spinal (intrathecal), epidural and regional devices, 2011. http://www.nrls.npsa.nhs.uk/resources/?EntryId45=94529 (accessed 30/06/2012).
- 2National Patient Safety Agency. Promoting safer measurement and administration of liquid medicines via oral and other enteral routes, 2007. http://www.nrls.npsa.nhs.uk/resources/type/alerts/?entryid45=59808&q=0%C2%ACenteral%C2%AC (accessed 30/06/2012).
- 5University of Birmingham. PS/049 pre-implementation evaluation of non-luer compatible spinal equipment, 2011. http://www.haps2.bham.ac.uk/publichealth/psrp/documents/PS049_Non-Luer_Final_Report.pdf (accessed 30/06/2012).
- 7Replacing Luer connectors: safety will also require attention to the process. Anaesthesia online correspondence August 2011. http://www.respond2articles.com/ANA/forums/post/893.aspx (accessed 30/06/2012)., , , .
- 8Obstetric Anaesthetists’ Association. NPSA safer spinal needles, 2012. http://www.oaa-anaes.ac.uk/content.asp?contentid=449 (accessed 30/06/2012).
- 9Comparison of flow characteristics of Luer and non-Luer intrathecal needles. Anaesthesia 2012; 67: 201., .
- 10Impact of equipment problems on failure of spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section – baseline Luer data from the OAA NOAD/NPSA adverse outcomes monitoring. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 2012; 21: S14..