The potential of UK clinical databases in enhancing paediatric medication research
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2005
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 59, Issue 6, pages 750–755, June 2005
How to Cite
Wong, I. C. K. and Murray, M. L. (2005), The potential of UK clinical databases in enhancing paediatric medication research. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 59: 750–755. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2005.02450.x
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2005
- Received 17 November 2004 Accepted 4 May 2005
- 2Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health. Safer and Better Medicines for Children — Developing the Clinical and Research Base of Paediatric Pharmacology in the United Kingdom. London: RCPCH Publications Limited 2004.
- 3Standing Medical Advisory Committee Advice. Licensing and Prescribing of Drugs in Children (SMAC Advice 5/2001). http://www.advisorybodies.doh.gov.uk/smacdrugschildren.htm (accessed 10062004).
- 4Commission Consultation on a Draft Proposal for a European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) on Medicinal Products for Paediatric Use. Brussels: European Commission 2004.
- 5Prescription Pricing Authority. http://www.ppa.nhs.uk/index_noflash.htm (accessed 10062004).
- 6Prescription Statistics Publications — Prescriptions Dispensed in the Community in England. http://www.publications.doh.gov.uk/prescriptionstatistics/index.htm (accessed 10062004).
- 9General Practice Research Database. http://www.gprd.com (accessed 10062004).
- 15Medicines and Healthcare Products Agency. http://medicines.mhra.gov.uk/ (accessed 10062004).
- 17Independent Steering Committee. Report of an Independent Review of Access to the Yellow Card Scheme. London: The Stationery Office 2004.
- 18MEMO. The Medicines Monitoring Unit. http://www.dundee.ac.uk/memo (accessed 10062004).
- 20BSPAR Biologics & New Drugs Registry. http://www.bspar.org.uk/pages/home.asp (accessed 29042005).
- 21PICAnet: Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network. http://www.picanet.org.uk/ (accessed 29042004).
- 23PainDB. http://www.paindb.org/ (accessed 29042005).