The pharmacokinetics, CNS pharmacodynamics and adverse event profile of brivaracetam after single increasing oral doses in healthy males
Version of Record online: 12 JAN 2007
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 63, Issue 6, pages 680–688, June 2007
How to Cite
Sargentini-Maier, M. L., Rolan, P., Connell, J., Tytgat, D., Jacobs, T., Pigeolet, E., Riethuisen, J.-M. and Stockis, A. (2007), The pharmacokinetics, CNS pharmacodynamics and adverse event profile of brivaracetam after single increasing oral doses in healthy males. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 63: 680–688. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2006.02829.x
- Issue online: 12 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 12 JAN 2007
- Received 9 May 2006Accepted26 September 2006Published OnlineEarly12 January 2007
- 2ucb 34714, a new pyrrolidone derivative, inhibits Na+ currents in rat cortical neurons in culture. Epilepsia 2004; 45(Suppl 7): 146., , , .
- 4ucb 34714, a new pyrrolidone derivative, suppresses seizures epileptogenesis in animal models of chronic epilepsy in vivo. Epilepsia 2003; 44(Suppl 8): 53–4., , , .
- 5A new pyrrolidone derivative, ucb 34714, is effective in neuropathic pain models in rats: comparison with gabapentin. J Pain 2003; 4(Suppl 1): 53., , , , , , , .
- 6Contrasting effects of ucb 34714 and drugs for essential tremor on harmaline-induced elicited versus spontaneous tremor and sedation in rats. Mov Disord 2004; 19(Suppl 9): S443., , , , .
- 7FDA Guidance for Industry. Estimating the maximum safe starting dose in initial clinical trials for therapeutics in adult healthy volunteers, 2005.
- 8Defining the maximum tolerated dose: an update. J Clin Pharmacol 2000; 40: 1183–204., , , , .
- 9The ten-twenty electrode system of the International Federation. Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol 1958; 10: 371–5..
- 12Physiologic, subjective, and behavioral effects of amphetamine, methamphetamine, ephedrine, phenmetrazine, and methylphenidate in man. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1970; 12: 245–58., , , .
- 14Assessment of dose proportionality: report from the statisticians in the pharmaceutical industry/pharmacokinetics UK joint Working Party. Drug Inf J 1995; 29: 1039–48., , , , , , .
- 16Trial design optimization for studying dose proportionality. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2000; 67: 159., .