Prevention of medication errors: teaching and training
Version of Record online: 25 JUN 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 67, Issue 6, pages 656–661, June 2009
How to Cite
Likic, R. and Maxwell, S. R. J. (2009), Prevention of medication errors: teaching and training. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 67: 656–661. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03423.x
- Issue online: 25 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 25 JUN 2009
- Received 18 February 2009 Accepted18 March 2009
- 1National Patient Safety Agency. Patient safety incident reports in the NHS: National Reporting and Learning System Data Summary. Issue 7. Available at http://www.npsa.nhs.uk/patientsafety/patient-safety-incident-data/quarterly-data-reports (last accessed 14 February 2009).
- 7General Medical Council. Tomorrow's Doctors. London: General Medical Council, 1993.
- 10Nursing & Midwifery Council. Standards of Proficiency for Nurse and Midwife Prescribers. London: Nursing & Midwifery Council, 2006.
- 16South Tees Hospitals NHS Trust. Report from the meeting of the Clinical Governance Committee held on Wednesday 25 October 2006. Available at http://www.southtees.nhs.uk/trustboardpapers/2006-07/Dec%202006/121700.doc (last accessed 14 February 2009).
- 20How prepared are medical graduates to begin practice? A comparison of three diverse UK medical schools. Final summary and conclusions for the GMC Education Committee, 15 December 2008. Available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/about/research/research_commissioned.asp (last accessed 14 February 2009)., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 23Association of American Medical Colleges. Contemporary Issues in Medicine: Education in Safe and Effective Prescribing Practices. Washington DC: Association of American Medical Colleges, 2008.
- 27The effect of a short tutorial on the incidence of prescribing errors in pediatric emergency care. Can J Clin Pharmacol 2006; 13: e285–91., , , , .
- 32British Medical Association Science and Education Department. Evidence-based Prescribing. London: BMA, 2007. Available at http://www.bma.org.uk/health_promotion_ethics/drugs_prescribing/evidencebasedprescribing.jsp (last accessed 14 February 2009).
- 33Audit Scotland. A Scottish Prescription: Managing the Use of Medicines in Hospitals. Edinburgh: The Scottish Executive, 2005. Available at http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/utilities/search_report.php?id=253 (last accessed 14 February 2009).
- 34Royal College of Physicians. Innovating for Health: Patients, Physicians, the Pharmaceutical Industry, and the NHS. Report of a Working Party. London: Royal College of Physicians, 2009.
- 36Outcomes of the Medical Schools Council Safe Prescribing Working Group, November 2007. Available at http://www.chms.ac.uk/documents/finalreport.doc (last accessed 14 February 2009)., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 39Association of American Medical Colleges. Education in Safe and Effective Prescribing Practices. Washington DC: Association of American Medical Colleges, 2008.