Enzyme therapy in Fabry disease: severe adverse events associated with anti-agalsidase cross-reactive IgG antibodies
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 68, Issue 5, pages 765–769, November 2009
How to Cite
Tesmoingt, C., Lidove, O., Reberga, A., Thetis, M., Ackaert, C., Nicaise, P., Arnaud, P. and Papo, T. (2009), Enzyme therapy in Fabry disease: severe adverse events associated with anti-agalsidase cross-reactive IgG antibodies. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 68: 765–769. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03501.x
- Issue online: 6 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
- Received 6 March 2009Accepted6 July 2009
- 1Alpha-galactosidase A deficiency: Fabry disease. In: The Metabolic and Molecular Basis of Inherited Disease, 8th edn, eds ScriverCR, BeaudetAL, SlyWS, ValleD. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2001; 3733–74., , .
- 2Anderson-Fabry disease: clinical manifestations and impact of disease in a cohort of 98 hemizygous males. J Med Genet 2001; 38: 750–60., , .
- 3Anderson-Fabry disease: clinical manifestations and impact of disease in a cohort of 60 obligate carrier females. J Med Genet 2001; 38: 769–75., , .
- 4Fabry Registry. Females with Fabry disease frequently have major organ involvement: lessons from the Fabry Registry. Mol Genet Metab 2008; 93: 112–28., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ;
- 5The pulvinar sign: frequency and clinical correlations in Fabry disease. J Neurol 2008; 255: 738–44., , , , , , , .
- 6Osteopenia and osteoporosis: previously unrecognized manifestations of Fabry disease. Clin Genet 2005; 68: 93–5., , , .
- 7Osteopenia: a common aspect of Fabry disease. Predictors of bone mineral density. Genet Med 2007; 9: 812–8., , , , , , , , .
- 8Successful reinstitution of agalsidase beta therapy in Fabry disease patients with previous IgE-antibody or skin-test reactivity to the recombinant enzyme. Genet Med 2008; 10: 353–8., , , , , .
- 9Enzyme replacement therapy in Fabry disease: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2001; 285: 2743–9., , , , , , , .
- 10International Collaborative Fabry Disease Study Group. Safety and efficacy of recombinant human alpha-galactosidase A – replacement therapy in Fabry's disease. N Engl J Med 2001; 345: 9–16., , , , , , , , ;
- 11Long-term therapy with agalsidase alfa for Fabry disease: safety and effects on renal function in a home infusion setting. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2006; 21: 345–54., , , , .
- 12International Fabry Disease Study Group. Long-term safety and efficacy of enzyme replacement therapy for Fabry disease. Am J Hum Genet 2004; 75: 65–74., , , , , , , ;
- 13Fabry Disease Clinical Trial Study Group. Agalsidase-beta therapy for advanced Fabry disease: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2007; 146: 77–86., , , , , , , , , , ;
- 14Sustained, long term stabilization after 54 months of agalsidase beta therapy in patients with Fabry disease. J Am Soc Nephrol 2007; 18: 1547–57., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 15Enzyme therapy for Fabry disease: neutralizing antibodies toward agalsidase alpha and beta. Kidney Int 2004; 66: 1589–95., , , , .
- 16Influence of antibody formation on reduction of globotriaosylceramide (GL-3) in urine from Fabry patients during agalsidase beta therapy. Mol Genet Metab 2007; 92: 271–3., , , , , .
- 17Treatment of Fabry disease with different dosing regimens of agalsidase: effects on antibody formation and GL-3. Mol Genet Metab 2008; 94: 319–25., , , , , , , , , , .
- 18The role of ceramide trihexoside (globotriaosylceramide) in the diagnosis and follow-up of the efficacy of treatment of Fabry disease: a review of the literature. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 2006; 4: 289–97., , , , .
- 19Fabry disease and treatment with agalsidase alpha: unsuspected cardiac arrhythmia in two heterozygous women: in reference to pharmacovigilance. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2008; 64: 635–9., , , , .
- 20Immunoquantification of alpha-galactosidase: evaluation for the diagnosis of Fabry disease. Clin Chem 2004; 50: 1979–85., , , , , .
- 21Anaphylaxis to muscle relaxants: cross-sensitivity studied by radioimmunoassays compared to intradermal tests in 34 cases. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1988; 82: 745–52., , , , , .
- 22Fabry disease: impaired autonomic function. Neurology 1982; 32: 498–502., , .
- 23Successful induction of immune tolerance to enzyme replacement therapy in canine mucopolysaccharidosis I. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2004; 101: 829–34., , , , , , , .