Self report may lead to underestimation of ‘wrong dose’ medication errors
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 68, Issue 6, pages 963–964, December 2009
How to Cite
Kiekkas, P., Aretha, D., Karga, M. and Karanikolas, M. (2009), Self report may lead to underestimation of ‘wrong dose’ medication errors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 68: 963–964. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03530.x
- Issue published online: 27 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2009
- RECEIVED 27 July 2009; ACCEPTED 5 August 2009
- 1The epidemiology of medication errors: the methodological difficulties. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2009; 67: 614–20..
- 2Comparison of methods for detecting medication errors in 36 hospitals and skilled-nursing facilities. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2002; 59: 436–46., , , , .
- 3Errors in administration of parenteral drugs in intensive care units: multinational prospective study. BMJ 2009; 338: b814., , , , , , .
- 4Errors in preparation and administration if intravenous medications in the intensive care unit of a teaching hospital: an observational study. Aust Crit Care 2008; 21: 110–6., , , , , .
- 5Medication errors and adverse drug events in an intensive care unit: direct observation approach for detection. Crit Care Med 2006; 34: 415–25., , , , .
- 6Medication errors at the administration stage in an intensive care unit. Intensive Care Med 1999; 25: 353–9., , , , , .
- 7Frequency and determinants of drug administration errors in the intensive care unit. Crit Care Med 2002; 30: 846–50., , , , , .
- 8Medication administration errors in adult patients in the ICU. Intensive Care Med 2001; 27: 1592–8., , , , , .
- 9Measurement in Nursing and Health Research, 3rd edn. New York: Springer Publishing Co., Inc., 2005., , .
- 10Factors contributing to medication errors: a literature review. J Clin Nurs 1999; 8: 496–504..