Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/authorresources/onlineopen.html
Relationship between blood alcohol concentration on admission and outcome in dimethoate organophosphorus self-poisoning
Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 68, Issue 6, pages 916–919, December 2009
How to Cite
Eddleston, M., Gunnell, D., Von Meyer, L. and Eyer, P. (2009), Relationship between blood alcohol concentration on admission and outcome in dimethoate organophosphorus self-poisoning. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 68: 916–919. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03533.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2009
- Received 16 April 2009 Accepted14 August 2009
- 1Acute pesticide poisoning: a major global health problem. World Health Stat Q 1990; 43: 139–44..
- 2The global distribution of fatal pesticide self-poisoning: systematic review. BMC Public Health 2007; 7: 357., , , .
- 3Patterns and problems of deliberate self-poisoning in the developing world. Q J Med 2000; 93: 715–31..
- 4Medical management of acute organophosphorus pesticide poisoning. Lancet 2008; 371: 597–607., , , .
- 5Risk factors for acute pesticide poisoning in Sri Lanka. Trop Med Int Health 2005; 10: 589–96., .
- 6Psychological autopsy study of suicide in three rural and semi-rural districts of Sri Lanka. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2008; 43: 280–5., .
- 7Completed suicide among Sinhalese in Sri Lanka: a psychological autopsy study. Suicide Life Threat Behav 2008; 38: 221–8., , , , .
- 8Suicide and its prevention: the urgent need in India. Indian J Psychiatry 2007; 49: 81–4..
- 9Alcohol abuse in the critically ill patient. Lancet 2006; 368: 2231–42., .
- 10Predicting outcome using butyrylcholinesterase activity in organophosphorus pesticide self-poisoning. Q J Med 2008; 101: 467–74., , , , .
- 11Ox-Col Poisoning Study collaborators. Multiple-dose activated charcoal in acute self-poisoning: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2008; 371: 579–86., , , , , , , , , , , for the
- 12Differences between organophosphorus insecticides in human self-poisoning: a prospective cohort study. Lancet 2005; 366: 1452–9., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 13Improved determination of acetylcholinesterase activity in human whole blood. Clin Chim Acta 1999; 288: 73–90., , , , .
- 14Evidences for CYP3A4 autoactivation in the desulfuration of dimethoate by the human liver. Toxicology 2007; 241: 33–46., .
- 15Drug interactions involving ethanol and alcoholic beverages. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2007; 3: 719–31., .