Pharmacokinetic assessment of a five-probe cocktail for CYPs 1A2, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6 and 3A
Article first published online: 22 SEP 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 68, Issue 6, pages 928–935, December 2009
How to Cite
Turpault, S., Brian, W., Van Horn, R., Santoni, A., Poitiers, F., Donazzolo, Y. and Boulenc, X. (2009), Pharmacokinetic assessment of a five-probe cocktail for CYPs 1A2, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6 and 3A. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 68: 928–935. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03548.x
- Issue published online: 27 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 22 SEP 2009
- Received 15 December 2008 Accepted17 August 2009
- 1Combined phenotypic assessment of CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP3A, NAT2 and XO with the Cooperstown 5+1 Cocktail. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2003; 74: 437–47., , , , , , , , , .
- 2Development of the ‘Inje Cocktail’ for high-throughput evaluation of five human cytochrome P450 isoforms in vivo. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2007; 82: 531–40., , , , , , .
- 3Effect of propiverine on cytochrome P450 enzymes: a cocktail interaction study in healthy volunteers. Drug Metab Dispos 2005; 33: 1859–66., , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 4Midazolam pharmacokinetics following intravenous and buccal administration. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1998; 46: 203–6., , .
- 5‘Cocktail’ approaches and strategies in drug development: valuable tool or flawed science? J Clin Pharmacol 2004; 44: 120–34., , .
- 6Cytochromes P450, drugs, and diseases. Mol Interv 2003; 3: 194–204..
- 7Estimated coefficient of variation values for sample size planning in bioequivalence studies. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2001; 39: 37–40., , , .
- 8Efficacy working party: questions and answers on the use of Cocktail studies for investigating in vivo drug interaction potential. EMEA/CHMP/EWP/490784/2007.
- 9Identification of human liver cytochrome P450 isoforms mediating omeprazole metabolism. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1993; 36: 521–30., , , , , .
- 10Lack of drug–drug interaction between three different non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and omeprazole. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1998; 54: 399–404., , , , .
- 11Lack of effect of omeprazole treatment on steady-state plasma levels of metoprolol. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1991; 40: 61–5., , .
- 12Omeprazole treatment does not affect the metabolism of caffeine. Gastroenterology 1991; 101: 943–7., , , , , .
- 13Inhibitory effect of omeprazole on the metabolism of midazolam in vitro. Arzneimittelforschung 1990; 40: 1105–7., .
- 14Metoprolol metabolism and debrisoquine oxidation polymorphism—population and family studies. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1985; 20: 555–66., , , , .
- 15Simultaneous assessment of CYP3A4 and CYP1A2 activity in vivo with alprazolam and caffeine. Pharmacogenetics 1999; 9: 725–34., , , , .
- 16In vitro metabolism of simvastatin in humans [SBT] identification of metabolizing enzymes and effect of the drug on hepatic P450s. Drug Metab Dispos 1997; 25: 1191–9., , , , , , , , .
- 17Combined phenotypic assessment of CYP1A2, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP3A, N-acetyltransferase-2, and xanthine oxidase with the ‘Cooperstown cocktail’. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2000; 68: 375–83., , , , , , , , .