The impact of SLCO1B1 polymorphisms on the plasma concentration of lopinavir and ritonavir in HIV-infected men
Article first published online: 22 SEP 2009
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 95–98, January 2010
How to Cite
Kohlrausch, F. B., De Cássia Estrela, R., Barroso, P. F. and Suarez-Kurtz, G. (2010), The impact of SLCO1B1 polymorphisms on the plasma concentration of lopinavir and ritonavir in HIV-infected men. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 69: 95–98. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03551.x
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 22 SEP 2009
- Received 22 May 2009Accepted17 August 2009
- 1Pharmacogenetics of HIV therapy. Pharmacogenet Genomics 2006; 16: 693–703., , , .
- 2The impact of pharmacogenetics on HIV therapy. Int J STD AIDS 2009; 20: 145–51., , , .
- 3ABCB1 genotype and PGP expression, function and therapeutic drug response: a critical review and recommendations for future research. Pharmacogenomics J 2007; 7: 154–79., , , .
- 4CYP3A5 genotype has no impact on plasma trough concentrations of lopinavir and ritonavir in HIV-infected subjects. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2008; 4: 205–7., , , , .
- 5CYP3A5 genotype has an impact on the metabolism of the HIV protease inhibitor saquinavir. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2007; 81: 708–12., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 6Determining the substrate specificities of SLCO1A2 and SLCO1B1 for antiretroviral drugs abstract. 9th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV Therapy 2008; A4., , , , , , .
- 7Influence of SLCO1B1 521T>C polymorphism on lopinavir plasma concentrations from the Liverpool TDM Registry abstract. 9th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV Therapy 2008; A3., , , , , .
- 8Role of the liver-specific transporters OATP1B1 and OATP1B3 in governing drug elimination. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2005; 1: 429–45., , .
- 9Comparison of SLCO1B1 sequence variability among German, Turkish, and African populations. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2008; 64: 257–66., , , , .
- 10ABCB1 polymorphisms and the concentrations of lopinavir and ritonavir in blood, semen and saliva of HIV-infected men under antiretroviral therapy. Pharmacogenomics 2009; 10: 311–8., , , , , , , .
- 11High plasma pravastatin concentrations are associated with single nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes of organic anion transporting polypeptide-C (OATP-C, SLCO1B1). Pharmacogenetics 2004; 14: 429–40., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 12Polymorphic organic anion transporting polypeptide 1B1 is a major determinant of repaglinide pharmacokinetics. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2005; 77: 468–78., , , , , , , , .
- 13Evidence for inverse effects of OATP-C (SLC21A6) 5 and 1b haplotypes on pravastatin kinetics. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2004; 75: 415–21., , , , .
- 14SLCO1B1 polymorphism markedly affects the pharmacokinetics of simvastatin acid. Pharmacogenet Genomics 2006; 16: 873–9., , , .