Y.Q., X.Y., W.D and J.R. contributed equally to this work.
A computerized system for detecting signals due to drug–drug interactions in spontaneous reporting systems
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2009
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 67–73, January 2010
How to Cite
Qian, Y., Ye, X., Du, W., Ren, J., Sun, Y., Wang, H., Luo, B., Gao, Q., Wu, M. and He, J. (2010), A computerized system for detecting signals due to drug–drug interactions in spontaneous reporting systems. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 69: 67–73. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03557.x
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2009
- Received 16 April 2009Accepted28 August 2009
- 1Drug interactions of clinical importance. In: Davies's Textbook of Adverse Drug Reactions, 5th edn, eds DaviesD, FernerR, De GlanvilleH. London: Chapman & Hall Medical, 1998; 888–912., .
- 2Quantitative methods in pharmacovigilance: focus on signal detection. J Drug Saf 2003; 26: 159–86., .
- 3Risk of adverse events with concomitant use of atorvastatin or simvastatin and glucose-lowering drugs (thiazolidinediones, metformin, sulfonylurea, insulin, and acarbose). Am J Cardiol 2002; 89: 1308–10., , .
- 4Signalling possible drug–drug interactions in a spontaneous reporting system: delay of withdrawal bleeding during concomitant use of oral contraceptives and itraconazole. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1999; 47: 689–93., , , .
- 5Detecting drug–drug interactions using a database for spontaneous adverse drug reactions: an example with diuretics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2000; 56: 733–8., , , .
- 6Empirical Bayes screening for multi-item associations. Proc KDD 2001; New York: ACM, 67–76., .
- 7Screening and interpreting multi-item associations based on log-linear modeling. Proc KDD 2003; New York: ACM, 276–85., , .
- 8Disproportionality analysis using empirical Bayes data mining: a tool for the evaluation of drug interaction in the post-marketing setting. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2003; 12: 517–21., , , , .
- 9Extending the methods used to screen the WHO drug safety database towards analysis of complex association and improved accuracy for rare events. Stat Med 2006; 25: 3740–57., , , .
- 10A statistical methodology for drug–drug interaction surveillance. Stat Med 2008; 27: 6271–2., , , .
- 11Detecting signals of drug–drug interactions in a spontaneous reports database. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2007; 64: 489–95., , .
- 12The role of data mining in pharmacovigilance. Expert Opin Drug Saf 2005; 4: 929–48., , , , .
- 13National Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring Center. WHO Adverse Reaction Terminology. Peking: China Medicine and Technology Press, 2003.
- 14Committee of Chinese Pharmacopoeia. Chinese Pharmacopoeia. Peking: Chemical Industry Press, 2005.
- 15Data mining for signals in spontaneous reporting databases: proceed with caution. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2007; 16: 359–65., .
- 16Building a structured monitoring and evaluating system of postmarketing drug use in Shanghai. Can J Clin Pharmacol 2007; 14: 40–4., , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 17A computerized system for signal detection in spontaneous reporting system of Shanghai, China. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2009; 18: 154–8., , , , , , , .
- 18Use of measures of disproportionality in pharmacovigilance: three Dutch examples. Drug Saf 2002; 25: 453–8., , .
- 19Interaction as departure from additivity in case–control studies: a cautionary note. Am J Epidemiol 2003; 158: 251–8..
- 20Concepts of interaction. Am J Epidemiol 1980; 112: 467–70., , .
- 21Confidence interval estimation of interaction. Epidemiology 1992; 3: 452–6., .
- 22A comparison of measures of disproportionality for signal detection in spontaneous reporting system for adverse drug reactions. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2002; 11: 3–10., , , , , .
- 23A retrospective evaluation of a data mining approach to aid finding new adverse drug reaction signals in the WHO database. Drug Saf 2000; 23: 533–42., , , , .
- 24A comparison of measures of disproportionality for signal detection on adverse drug reaction spontaneous reporting database of Guangdong province in China. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2008; 17: 593–600., , , .
- 25Concomitant nodular goiter during IFN and ribavirin treatment of HCV: a case report. Clin J Hepatol 2006; 14: 163–6., .
- 26Analysis of effects of the combination of capecitabine and oxaliplatin as first-line chemotherapy on metastatic colorectal cancer. Mod Med J 2008; 36: 37–9., , , , .
- 27Clinical observation of capecitabine combining oxaliplatin in the treatment of advanced colorectal carcinoma. Mod Oncol 2008; 16: 1365–6., .