V.C. was an employee of Pfizer at the time of the study.
Co-administration of the JAK inhibitor CP-690,550 and methotrexate is well tolerated in patients with rheumatoid arthritis without need for dose adjustment
Article first published online: 23 OCT 2009
© 2010 Pfizer Inc. Journal compilation © 2010 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 69, Issue 2, pages 143–151, February 2010
How to Cite
Cohen, S., Zwillich, S. H., Chow, V., LaBadie, R. R. and Wilkinson, B. (2010), Co-administration of the JAK inhibitor CP-690,550 and methotrexate is well tolerated in patients with rheumatoid arthritis without need for dose adjustment. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 69: 143–151. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2009.03570.x
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 23 OCT 2009
- Received 8 December 2008Accepted21 September 2009
- 6The 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of nonbiologic and biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs in rheumatoid arthritis: where the rubber meets the road. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 59: 757–9., .
- 15Characterization of a potent inhibitor of JAK kinases, CP-690,550, and inhibition of specific JAK/STAT pathways at efficacious exposures in a rodent model of arthritis. IRA Inflammation Research Association -15th International Conference 2008., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 17The safety and efficacy of a JAK inhibitor in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 A trial of three dose levels of CP-690,550 versus placebo. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 1895–905., , , , , , , , , , .
- 18Improved pain, physical functioning, and health status in rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with CP-690,550, an orally active Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor: results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Annal Rheum Dis 2009; [Epub ahead of print] doi:10.1136/ard.2009.108159., , , , , , , , , .
- 20The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 26–37., , , , , , , , .
- 21Predictors of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis treated with high-dose methotrexate with or without concomitant infliximab: results from the ASPIRE trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 702–10., , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 22Comparison of etanercept and methotrexate, alone and combined, in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: two-year clinical and radiographic results from the TEMPO study, a double-blind, randomized trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1063–74., , , , , , , , , .
- 24The oral JAK inhibitor CP-690,550 (CP) in combination with methotrexate (MTX) is efficacious, safe and well tolerated in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with an inadequate response to methotrexate alone. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58: 4030–1., , , , , , , , , , , .