General practitioners' views and experiences of over-the-counter simvastatin in Scotland
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Pharmacoeconomics Theme Issue
Volume 70, Issue 3, pages 356–359, September 2010
How to Cite
Stewart, D., Cunningham, I. T. S., Hansford, D., John, D., McCaig, D. and McLay, J. (2010), General practitioners' views and experiences of over-the-counter simvastatin in Scotland. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 70: 356–359. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2010.03701.x
- Issue online: 16 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2010
- Received 13 October 2009Accepted 4 March 2010
- 2Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency. Reclassification summary for simvastatin POM to P. 2004. Available at http://medicines.mhra_gov.uk (last accessed 10 March 2009).
- 3Johnson & Johnson MSD Consumer Pharmaceuticals. Zocor Heart-Pro Pharmacist Training Guide. 2004.
- 4Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. Practice guidance: OTC simvastatin 10 mg. Pharm J 2004; 273: 169–70.
- 5Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency. Responses to ARM18: request to reclassify simvastatin 10 mg. 2003. Available at http://medicines.mhra_gov.uk (last accessed 10 March 2009).
- 6General practitioners' views on recent and proposed switches from POM to P. Pharm J 2004; 273: 819–21., .
- 7Anonymous. Editorial. Over-the-counter simvastatin given the go-ahead. Pharm J 2004; 272: 595.
- 9Anonymous. Editorial. OTC Statins: a bad decision for public health. Lancet 2004; 363: 9422.