Outcomes of a decision support prompt in community pharmacy-dispensing software to promote step-down of proton pump inhibitor therapy
Article first published online: 11 APR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2011 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Drug allergy: themed section
Volume 71, Issue 5, pages 780–784, May 2011
How to Cite
Curtain, C., Peterson, G. M., Tenni, P., Bindoff, I. K. and Williams, M. (2011), Outcomes of a decision support prompt in community pharmacy-dispensing software to promote step-down of proton pump inhibitor therapy. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 71: 780–784. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2010.03890.x
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 11 APR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 DEC 2010 06:02AM EST
- Received , 26 September 2010, Accepted , 9 December 2010, Accepted Article , 23 December 2010
- 1Australian Health Information Council. AHIC electronic decision support systems report. In: Australian Health Information Council 2008.
- 5Reducing the cost of proton pump inhibitors by adopting best practice. Qual Prim Care 2009; 17: 15–21., , , .
- 8Twelve-month drug cost savings related to use of an electronic prescribing system with integrated decision support in primary care. J Manag Care Pharm 2005; 11: 322–32., , .
- 10Proton pump inhibitors: step-down to symptom control. In: Prescribing Practice Review for Primary Care: National Prescribing Service, 2009: 4..
- 11Department of Veterans Affairs. PPIs in GORD: reduce the dose – keep the benefits. Therapeutic Brief 7. In: Department of Veterans Affairs. 2010.
- 12NPS News 46: proton pump inhibitors. In: NPS News: National Prescribing Service. 2006., , , , , , .
- 13Documenting clinical interventions in community pharmacy: PROMISe III. 2010., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 14Identifying, prioritising and documenting drug-related problems. Aust Pharm 2004; 23: 706–09., .
- 15Department of Health and Ageing. PhARIA pharmacy access/remoteness index of Australia. In: The University of Adelaide.
- 16Gastroenterological Society of Australia. Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in adults: guidelines for clinicians. In: Gastroenterological Society of Australia. 2008.
- 17Department of Health and Ageing. Schedule of pharmaceutical benefits July 2009. In, Department of Health and Ageing, Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia. 2009.
- 18Pharmacy Guild of Australia. 2008 Guild Digest. Canberra: Pharmacy Guild of Australia, 2008.
- 22Evaluation of Clinical Interventions within Community Pharmacy (Promise II). Canberra: Pharmacy Guild of Australia, 2003., , , , .