Contributors: L Aagaard and EH Hansen designed the study, analysed data and wrote the first version of the manuscript. L Aagaard did the sampling. Both authors saw and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Prescribing of medicines in the Danish paediatric population outwith the licensed age group: characteristics of adverse drug reactions
Article first published online: 11 APR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2011 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Drug allergy: themed section
Volume 71, Issue 5, pages 751–757, May 2011
How to Cite
Aagaard, L. and Hansen, E. H. (2011), Prescribing of medicines in the Danish paediatric population outwith the licensed age group: characteristics of adverse drug reactions. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 71: 751–757. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2011.03915.x
Ethical approval: According to Danish laws, no ethical approval was required for this register study with encrypted person information.
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 11 APR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 JAN 2011 11:49PM EST
- Received , 21 September 2010, Accepted , 10 January 2011, Accepted Article , 17 January 2011
- 15Adverse drug reactions to off-label drugs on a paediatric ward: an Italian prospective pilot study. Paed Perinat Drug Ther 2002; 5: 19–24., , , , .
- 19Surveillance for adverse drug reactions in children: a paediatric regional monitoring centre. Paed Perinatal Drug Ther 2004; 6: 20–3., , , .
- 20US Food and Drug Administration. Process for Handling Referrals to FDA under 21 CFR 50.54 Additional Safeguards for Children in Clinical Investigations12/22/2006. Available at http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm127541.htm (last accessed 30 August 2010).
- 21The European Parliament and Council. Regulation EC No. 1901/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2006 on medicinal products for paediatric use and amending Regulation (EEC) No. 1768/92, Directive 2001/20/EC, Directive 2001/83/EC and Regulation (EC) No. 726/2004. Available at http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/consleg/2006/R/02006R1901-20070126-en.pdf (last accessed 30 August 2010).
- 22WHO. Promoting Safety of Medicines for Children. Geneva: WHO Library Press, 2007.
- 26MSSO. MedDRA. Available at http://www.meddramsso.com[Password required] (last accessed 30 August 2010).
- 27EudraLex. Volume 9 Pharmacovigilance: medicinal products for human use and veterinary products. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/pharmaceuticals/eudralex/homev9.htm (last accessed 30 August 2010).
- 28WHO Collaboration Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology. Complete ATC index 2007. Available at http://www.whocc.no/atc (last accessed 30 August 2010).